what to do where to go

S
sherman
Starting Friday I have the next seven days off. I get seven off every third week. I know I have a terrible job that gives me seven days off every third week.:whistle:
The wife wants to go to Sweet Home on Saturday to help with the planning of our daughters wedding. Ha that leaves me free to go fishing. I've been skunked the last 3 times out & want to get on some fish. I don't care Bass, trout, kokenee but I have this burning desire to catch some fish. I dont do salmon because I don't have a tag. I'm ready to head out with my truck camper & pontoon boat & willing to drive 100 miles from Myrtle creek to get on some fish. Any suggestions would be appreciated:think:

C
colbypearson
can't think of anywhere off the top of my head thats on fire but have an awesome time off!

C
capblack
i say you go with her to sweet home, then you could go to green peter and jig for kokes

M
Markcanby
I have some friends that are Koke kills down there but they haven't had much luck yet. Still so cold. Im not to familiar with the waters down there but maybe a coastal lake would be warmer.

brandon4455
brandon4455
lets see... go umpqua for smallmouth bass!

T
tomriker
sweethome eh? what's not far from my place.. you could come by here if you end up going. and yes green peter is a nice fishin' hole

L
lilsalmon
wow....7 days...I need a job like that. My brother has been pulling a lot of nice trout out of Detroit...from the bank even. Just sayin...

S
sherman
capblack said:
i say you go with her to sweet home, then you could go to green peter and jig for kokes

Might be alittle slow & cold up there yet. I think I'll save that lake for when my daughter gets married in Sweet Home this summer. I'll be on my long weekend again so three days at the big party then 4 days left for fishing.

S
sherman
tomriker said:
sweethome eh? what's not far from my place.. you could come by here if you end up going. and yes green peter is a nice fishin' hole

I'll send you a pm Chris if I tag along with the wife up there. I sure ain't into shopping for wedding & bride maids dresses. LOL

C
colbypearson
the cabelas is open now too i think up that way too.

S
sherman
colbypearson said:
the cabelas is open now too i think up that way too.
I go by there twice a day in the tanker I drive but if I get up there in my p/u you can rest asured I'll be stoping by & making a deposit.

C
capblack
sherman said:
Might be alittle slow & cold up there yet. I think I'll save that lake for when my daughter gets married in Sweet Home this summer. I'll be on my long weekend again so three days at the big party then 4 days left for fishing.

it is slow yet, but its impossible to have a bad day at green peter!! have fun, and good luck whatever you chose. i wish i had 7 days off a month

S
sherman
capblack said:
it is slow yet, but its impossible to have a bad day at green peter!! have fun, and good luck whatever you chose. i wish i had 7 days off a month

Ya I love it thats why I've stuck with the same co. for 28 yrs. I don't work more than 4 days in a row before getting a day off get 3 wks paid vacation & still make good money. Wife says I don't know why you want to retire you hardly work as it is. Because I want to be a fish oholic.