What to do now

OREGON FISHING FORUM

ethan213

Well, after staying cooped up all week, I really want to get out there and try and catch my first steelhead. I've heard people have been having luck recently, and want a starting point to jump off of. I live in Portland so one of the coastal rivers would probably be my first option. Any tips?

Hooked Up

Well, after staying cooped up all week, I really want to get out there and try and catch my first steelhead. I've heard people have been having luck recently, and want a starting point to jump off of. I live in Portland so one of the coastal rivers would probably be my first option. Any tips?
Best tip I can give you is stay home.

jamisonace

Most Featured
Just go and try. If nothing else you'll get some freash air and detoxify your mind.

Take some time to learn how to read water. Find a river, look for pull out that fishermen use and give it a go. Wilson would be the obvious choice on the coast I think.

ethan213

Just go and try. If nothing else you'll get some freash air and detoxify your mind.

Take some time to learn how to read water. Find a river, look for pull out that fishermen use and give it a go. Wilson would be the obvious choice on the coast I think.
Yes that sounds like a change of pace from staying home all day. I've been to the Wilson many times, and all of the pullout spots look very promising but have not had luck. Any tips?

jamisonace

Most Featured
Yes that sounds like a change of pace from staying home all day. I've been to the Wilson many times, and all of the pullout spots look very promising but have not had luck. Any tips?
I don't have tips specific for the north coast. My tip was to learn to read water before you go. Steelhead are spread out in all systems now.

Artwo

Good luck if you go the the Wilson or Trask, I heard it was a zoo last weekend................be safe.

ethan213

Good luck if you go the the Wilson or Trask, I heard it was a zoo last weekend................be safe.
Yeah, might have to go somewhere I know I won't be too close to people. Perhaps the coast/jetty area if that is still producing.

Casting Call

Newport is producing, keeper lings caught OFF south jetty. All beaches and boat ramps are closed, could not launch at Depoe Bay. Be safe all. Tony

Top Bottom