What to buy? Help

R
rainbowfisherman
Okay, so for Christmas I received gift cards to cabelas. I'm running low on basic needs such as peacock hurl, brown hackle, and hooks. So I bought the necessity's first. Now I still have around 20 dollars left and can't decide what to buy. I was thinking about wooly bugger stuff but couldnt decide between a 10-12 hook for hatchery trout? I only go out with my soon to hatchery lakes in the winter a couple of times, but hey might as well catch fish while im there. But my question is, if you had two flies to fish with out of a float tube at your local stocker lake, what would they be? I usually tow a two fly set-up. Such as a bugger and a little copper john. But maybe Im all wrong. So now I ask for your help, what would it be?

M
Markcanby
Just what you said but maybe a Hares Ear.

R
rainbowfisherman
In place of the Bugger or Copper John? And what size on the bugger? 12 or 14? Thanks for the reply

troutdude
troutdude
I have caught way more fish (hundred's) on Woolly Bugger's, than any other fly. Olive green and black ones. I use size 8 or 10.

R
rainbowfisherman
Alright, thank you troutdude

M
Markcanby
rainbowfisherman said:
In place of the Bugger or Copper John? And what size on the bugger? 12 or 14? Thanks for the reply

In place of teh Copper John as for the Bugger 10 or 12.

D
Doc Crappie
Hey I know that this reply really doesn't help you out but there is a site on line call crazy angler tackle and you can get some pretty good deals on some of the tying supplies that you use hackle, flash, maraboo stuff like that and in colors you probably havent seen before. He is a great guy to deal with and it wouldnt hurt just to check the site. Here is the web address if you get anything tell him Doc Crappie pointed you his way, not that he needs any help from me.

troutdude
troutdude
You're most welcome. Good luck w/ your flies.