What size fishing vest?

Q
Quillspirit
I'm looking at some fishing vests on ebay, and am wondering what size I should get. I'm avg build, I wear a med/large t-shirt. My fishing outfit consists of a thick insulated flannel under a carheart coat. I'd probably wear the vest over my flannel, so XL vest? :think:

Last edited:
F
fish4life
Yeh I would definitely go a little bigger than your shirt size if you are going to be wearing it over your jacket. I ussually shy away from buying clothes online because different manufactures sizes can vary quite a bit I like to be able to try it on before buying so I can see how it fits and if it is comfortable.

Troutski
Troutski
Trust me, get XXL you will never regret it. You can never have too many pockets or too much room to bring an extra bottle of water or a sandwich. I have a XXL and keep a Raincoat in the back pouch to off set the weight in the front. My son still gives me crap about how much stuff I carry in my vest; be believes if I ever fall into a large deep pool I am headed to the bottom fast.
What good is an empty pocket....every thing I carry has a use, well most everything;).

XXL is my vote.

Chuck

D
dan88
try going to a store that has some vest in stock and try different ones on to get an idea of what size u r.

Q
Quillspirit
Thanks guys. I'm a good boy scout like Chuck. I need to remember to pack a small flashlight next time too, in case dusk catches me hiking back.

Troutski
Troutski
Instead of a flash light try one of the many brands of "head lamps"...hands free and my new one is LED. Just a heads up ....

Chuck