What rivers

F
Fisherman.Z.
does anyone know what rivers are holding fish? like the alsea, or siletz... anything

O
osmosis
It's april and the water levels have been dancing all over the place for the last month spreading out the runs. fish are in every single river right now.

A
ArcticAmoeba
Minus Springers in Coastal streams, yes, fish are in every river right now. And yes, ver spread out. You are going to be targeting one, to three or five fish travelling together at most. So be prepared to move about to find some fish. Don't sit around and wait for 'em.

M
Mike123
I've moved on from winters and started looking for summer steel and spring chinook.

J
Johnny Southpaw
Mike123 said:
I've moved on from winters and started looking for summer steel and spring chinook.

Any luck in your search for summer steel? Where can summer metal be found right now?:think::think::think::think:

A
ArcticAmoeba
In the heads of most riffles in almost every stream around. They are not here in force, yet, but they have arrived. They normally sneak up with the final push of Winters. They are already up very high in the system I fsh primarily.

N
ninja2010
how can one tell between winters and summers?

A
ArcticAmoeba
Majority of the Winters in the system right now, have darkening pectoral fins, while every single 2-3 pound Steelhead I have hooked in riffles since Early March has had very clear fins. The shape, size, and color deviations are all a little different species to species, and with more experience you will be able to spot Summers huddled up to Winters in a pool. But the dead give away is the fight. Summers run at you, and then all over over the place. Winters fight like big trout. Aggressive, but lazy at the same time. Also Winters are generally a bit larger than Summers. But in the Clack, the mint bright, black, and white fish are Summers. The Winters are blushin out a hair, and have dark spots developing around their face, and fins.

M
Mike123
Johnny Southpaw said:
Any luck in your search for summer steel? Where can summer metal be found right now?:think::think::think::think:

Yes! I got my first Summer of the year Sunday!
Any rivers that get a run of Summer steelhead have some in them right now.
;)

N
nissta
Mike, What river did you get your first summer in?

M
Mike123
nissta said:
Mike, What river did you get your first summer in?

PM sent

F
Fisherman.Z.
Hmm

Hmm

so are any rivers hitting better than others. im going just one day,(monday)
and would like to be able to get the best chances possible.

last time i went to my uncles he got me to the fish, so when he comes down monday i want to get him into fish. sorta payback... but the good kind:D

B
beaverfan
I would imagine that due to the heavy rains expected Sunday and Monday conditions aren't going to be to great anywhere. From what I hear we are in for a good soaking on Sunday. It's still possible to catch fish but it becomes much more challenging! I would try the upper Wilson if you can get to it.