What nutrients do fish need?

S
SantiamDrifter
What nutrients do fish need to survive? I know out in the salt water, salt is a major nutrient the fish intake. I also know they eat a lot of krill (Protein?). So what other nutrients do fish eat? Things like protein, and vitamin D. What do they eat to give them those needed nutrients?

Any wild guesses or hair brained ideas are welcomed here, So lets here it folks.

C
crusty old fisherman
well from what I understand about fish bioligy in the ocean is tht they eat pretty much anything that is smaller then they are. they feed on krill, coon shrimp , anchovies, sardines, herrring, and probably most any other fish or bug that will fit in their mouth.

I believe steelhead feed primarily on coon shrimp and krill though.

crusty

H
Hawk
The grants Pass CO-OP sells floating or sinking fishfood pellets by the pound.

Sometimes i give my catfish & bluegill friskys hard catfood They love it. bass won't eat it.
:lol::lol::lol:

M
Mike123
They need sodium sulfite. :D
And red dye. :D :D
And red coated iron. :D :D :D

M
Mike123
Kodiak said:
Mike, they require diffrent nutrients at diffrent points in there life cycle. Understanding nutritional needs and at what point in the life cycle would take a degree in like marine biology with emphisis on salmonid ecology and life cycle..ahem. Some of those things are closely held secrets. At the point you are tlaking about..i.e. waterloo, you should swing over to my place saterday and we'll talk, not opening that can of worms on the open boards....I will say this though, everything they eat has a specific reason.

uhm weally????? lmao. I was joking.