What NOT to Float Down the Sandy River On/In

B

BobbiDollPDX

barrel.jpg 101654D_S.jpg p8314302p275w.jpg

So, down at the Pipeline Hole with BigDog this afternoon and I say...."<insert profanity> here comes a raft downriver with no one in it!"

BigDog says... "That's not a raft, it's a Kayak."

Then the guy comes rolling through the whitewater holding his paddle.

Apparently it was one of those "sit on top" kayaks, but it looked like something a kid should have been playing in.

He managed to catch up with the thing and get back "on" it. He paddles over to us and asks "what's the best way to get back to the park?"

I told him he should follow us out but instead he decided to try Bull Run... he paddled over there and before long pulls his head out of his a** and starts walking up the shoreline.

We walked out and didn't see him at the park, I asked someone if they had seen him and they hadn't, I hope he got out okay but geesh, how dumb do you have to be to attempt that?

Neckholes people... neckholes!

B

bigdog

Oh holly crap you found a pic of it already lol. I don't think that guy was playing with a full deck out there lol.

C

Coho Kid

I don't think the average joe knows that stretch of the Sandy is one of the toughest stretches to float in Oregon.

B

bigdog

I don't think the average joe knows that stretch of the Sandy is one of the toughest stretches to float in Oregon.

Let alone trying to do it in something that looks more fit for a swimming pool lol. This guy had never see that part of the river let alone float it and he was alone. Now there is a smart fellow right there for you. See that little yellow thing in the pics up there? That's what he decided to try to come through on lol

O

OnTheFly

Thought I would add to the list......

Attachments

• water wings.gif
    water wings.gif
    20.2 KB · Views: 38
B

BobbiDollPDX

It really was pretty bad, there were a couple of minutes where we thought a river rescue was gonna be necessary.

He just came tumbling through those rapids, he has to be bruised from head to toe.

B

bigdog

Then when this guy gets out of the water walks up on the bank looks at us and says "How's it going" lmao

troutdude

troutdude

Those are the types that we all too often read about in the obit's.

Well, I guess it just shows to go ya...better to be moron than morOFF!

G

GDBrown

I was there for the first time last year during October and I almost got to float that section with nothing but my waders! I never knew rocks could be so slippery! I came home with no fish and a very sore back from trying to keep my balance.

GD

J

JeannaJigs

He didn't have a neck hole?! What the heck is his malfunction! I don't want to go BANK FISHING there again without a neck hole lol. People are on crack.

C

Coho Kid

I often fish that section of the river and have gone swimming trying to land a steelhead on those rocks.

G

gordo

The Sandy is running just barely over 8' right now... man, the Pipeline had to be nearly all jagged rocks! OUCH!
Please tell me he was wearing a life jacket...

L

lilsalmon

sheesh....idiots....wish I had seen that, I need a good laugh

Top Bottom