What is a good kayak for1 or 2 people?

C
chrisohm
Looking at getting a kayak in the future for my son and myself to do some lake fishing in. Anyone have some suggestions for a decent, stable and awesome fishing kayak? It needs to seat at least 2 people but also work solo... Been years since I have been in a kayak and I see people fishing in them all the time, looks too fun to pass up and more affordable/portable that some other options.

T
TimberTodd
I have a 12' Nucanoe and love it. It has 2 swivel bass seats and I can fish it with both seats or one ( multiple mount locations). i have taken my brother out a couple of times. We are both 6' and 200lbs. It handled us very well.
006.jpg

N
Noahk
What's your budget? How old is your son? You could up to 5,000 for some kayaks or 500 for others. It just depends what type of water you want to fish. Most of the bigger water you would each want to have your own.

C
chrisohm
Max would be $1500 for the total setup(seats, rod holders, depth finder, paddle, etc) and the car rack would be separate. Mostly lake fishing/camping with possible bay or jetty fishing under perfect conditions but not getting my hopes up. My son is almost 7.

C
chrisohm
TimberTodd said:
I have a 12' Nucanoe and love it. It has 2 swivel bass seats and I can fish it with both seats or one ( multiple mount locations). i have taken my brother out a couple of times. We are both 6' and 200lbs. It handled us very well.

I like this idea. I have found some others but for the specs this is a decent price and close to what I am looking for. I have some time before this can happen. Just some very early christmas shopping...

Last edited: