What is a 2009 Honda 5HP 4Stroke Worth?

T
TheGoodTheBad&TheUgly
Grandpa wants to sell his kicker, he bought it in 2009 with tank, fittings, and line for $1800. He only used it 5 times. Does anyone have an idea what one should ask for it? Anyone looking for one? Thanks
6b99eecf.png

Last edited:
F
fredaevans
Here's your competition? Honda Outboards 5 Horsepower Looks like the MSRP is very steep, but they sell (if this is an example) for far less new out of the box.

fae

troutdude
troutdude
Well, it looks like we have a fellow Clint Eastwood fan! Welcome to OFF!

Have you poked around on Craig's list or eBay? You might be able to get some idea on price by looking.

T
TheGoodTheBad&TheUgly
Thank You

Thank You

troutdude said:
Well, it looks like we have a fellow Clint Eastwood fan! Welcome to OFF!

Have you poked around on Craig's list or eBay? You might be able to get some idea on price by looking.

I did try Craigslist but could not find any. I appreciate the idea of eBay, I will go do some looking around there.

T
TheGoodTheBad&TheUgly
troutdude said:
Try CL for some of the bigger cities maybe...like Portland, Salem, Eugene, Seattle, etc. Maybe you'll find some for comparison. You might also try googling for Boating forums, used boat motor prices, or price guides like this one:

Prices & Used Values for Boats, PWC, Outboard Motors & Boat Trailers

Wow, I learn something new everyday.... I never new they had a blue book for outboards...
Average shows $1340 which sounds fair so after I gain a few more post here I will list it in the classifieds. I will also be open for trades as times are tough. (Firearms, Engine/Tranny, vehicle, etc.) Thanks again for all your help Sir.

troutdude
troutdude
Actually, I didn't that a boat motor price guide existed either...until I googled for it today. So, I also learned something new...even though I'm an old dog! LOL

Happy to help, and I hope that you find a buyer.

C
capblack
pm sent

T
TheGoodTheBad&TheUgly
All PM's have been replied too.