What i pulled from the expo after the sportsmans show

T
the salmon kid
when i go the the expo ponds all i see is small dinky trout but what people don't realize that there is some huge trout in there. her are some of my pics from the expo ponds all,. i used to catch these fish was a gold 1/3 oz lil cleo and i got one off the fly rod
i am interested in if any one else has got any thing good out of the expo

Last edited by a moderator:
T
Thuggin4Life
Nice catch.

S
steelhead_stalkers
I heard they stocked steelhead sometime this year. Two years ago I fished it and hooked two steeelhead in there on pink worms under a float!

Reactions: n8r1
T
todd
did u eat those fish . i was wondering if they taste aright out of that pond

T
Throbbit _Shane
iv ate the 10-12 inch trout from there and they were fine :D

btw nice job

troutdude
troutdude
Where is the Expo Pond?

BTW, do I see 6 fish in that pic? Isn't there only a 5 fish daily bag limit?

And how big are the biggest two? If they're over 20", I think you are only allowed one per day.

Those are how the reg's read, for the SW Zone. I just mentioned it, cuz U I wouldn't want to see you get a ticket!

T
the salmon kid
well there are 4 trout and 2 steelhead

well there are 4 trout and 2 steelhead

in central point by the Jackson county expo park

my buddy was fishing with me so we could have a total of 10 fish and the big fish that they stocked in the expo ponds are all considered trout no mater the size

the biggest two are both about 6 1/2 lbs and the biggest one was 27in and the smaller hen is about 24 all of the trout where all cutthroat and where all about 15in long.

you are allowed 2 adult steel head over16 inches in the rogue but these are considered trout
and all of the fish tasted great

troutdude
troutdude
the salmon kid said:
in central point by the Jackson county expo park

my buddy was fishing with me so we could have a total of 10 fish and the big fish that they stocked in the expo ponds are all considered trout no mater the size

the biggest two are both about 6 1/2 lbs and the biggest one was 27in and the smaller hen is about 24 all of the trout where all cutthroat and where all about 15in long.

you are allowed 2 adult steel head over16 inches in the rogue but these are considered trout
and all of the fish tasted great

OK. That's good. Having them all on one stringer threw me off. And a game warden wants 'em on seperate stringers too (had a warden tell a guy exactly that, and I over heard it recently).

Are you sure that they are cutt's? They really look like 'bows. And, I've never heard of ODFW stocking any cutts anywhere. Not that it can't happen, just haven't heard of it before.

At any rate, that's a very NICE catch! Good fun and good eating...makes for a GREAT day!

B
beaverfan
I think what troutdude was talking about is the fact that they ARE considered trout and in most lakes and ponds in Oregon you are only allowed one trout over 20 inches a day.

W
Worm Dirt
I thought steelhead were only caught in a stream.

Last edited:
brandon4455
brandon4455
Worm Dirt said:
I thought steelhead were only caught in a stream.

they remove surplus steelhead from streams and stock them in lakes and ponds.