what do you guys uses to wax your line for float fishing??

B
Brian Dupree
I have tried p-line hydro-float and don't like it. The yellow color just doesn't do it for me, not to metion the weight rating. The lightest I can find is 15 lbs. I want to use 6 lbs floro and wax it to help it float. Any suggestions??? Thanks in advance!

T
Troutier Bassier
Take a Candle. Any Candle. (Not Cake) And cast out Far, Then press the Candle Against your Line and reel in,

D
davep
Brian Dupree said:
I have tried p-line hydro-float and don't like it. The yellow color just doesn't do it for me, not to metion the weight rating. The lightest I can find is 15 lbs. I want to use 6 lbs floro and wax it to help it float. Any suggestions??? Thanks in advance!

First, 15 pound hydro float is the diameter of 3 to 4 lb mono..Ive been a testor for pline and it has performed well for me....if the yellow bothers you, get a black marker pen an color the last 25 feet...I use muslin for floatant..the non silicon type ...costs 5 bucks and will last for years...treat it on the last 30 feet before each fishing trip...

Raincatcher
Raincatcher
Fly line floatant?

Fly line floatant?

Brian Dupree said:

Brian;
I am no expert,so don't quote me...not sure about using candles,either. But what about the floatant stuff that fly fisher folk use? I bought some but have not used it as yet. It is supposed to keep the line floating,maybe one of our fly guys or gals can give you more info on it. Let us know what you decide on.

B
Brian Dupree
thanks guys ...good info and place to start..

H
here2fish
For my float rod I use fireline crystal 10 lb an blood knot about 10 ft of flouracarbon 6 lb to it. the fireline floats and keeps the carbon up.

O
Outdrsmn
First of all hydrofloat is complete trash

Second use a braided line, i use 25lb the bigger diameter helps it float a little better and since you are running a leader it should really matter too much. It is the best i have found to be able to mend your line well. oh and a LONG rod.

O
osmosis
no candles.
Get some Mucilin.

L
luv2fish
i've used wax ...i've used mucilin which is basically for fly anglers ( i've always found that stuff in fly fishing section at sport stores)... both work fine for me.....there are times when i'm out of mucilin and i just used wax....from candles ..those votive style...and it didn't made any difference.....infact ...the pic posted here under the title..."hooked on monster" which i caught last october...i just rubbed some candle wax on my 30 lb berkley line and that 42 lb behemoth chomped my cocktail shrimp...jeezz..i had a hard time getting the hook out...