What did I do last Monday? My day looked like this...

T

The Nothing

[YOUTUBE]s0QbFKHh86g[/YOUTUBE]

brandon4455

brandon4455

awesome fish,nice vid. that looks like a blast

brandon

T

Throbbit _Shane

looks like u had a good time monday. Dont u hate it when u lose the big one :D

troutdude

troutdude

Wow man, that was one AWESOME video. Sorry u lost the biggie!!!

BTW, I just gotta know...

so, did you HAVE any fish n' chips for dinner??? LOL

T

The Nothing

actually, yes, just finished up... double-beer-battered-Pride-of-the-West for the win!

troutdude

troutdude

LOL

I had a sneaking hunch, it was why part of the music bed was about "fish n' chips"...LOL

T

The Nothing

Thanks! First time I had to dub over with music. the wind was horrible and i didn't want people to suffer through 10 minutes of pure static from the wind.

D

Drew9870

Banned User
I bet it was a big Cabezon you lost, looked like it by the way you were pulling it in, but I don't think I have seen a Cabezon peel line like at the beginning of the fight.

You must know the State Trooper who takes his Kayak out to Fogarty and other places, he was just checking my license yesterday at Fogarty Beach.

Last edited:
troutdude

troutdude

Not to get sidetracked, but...

Drew, you didn't ride your long board all the way from Salem to Fogarty did you? LOL

D

Drew9870

Banned User
:lol:

I caught a ride with a buddy, lol.

Picked up two Striped Perch at Boiler Bay, they were some 14 inch, 2-3lb pigs.

Maybe that was even a Halibut he lost, it sure pulled line like one, or even a Skate, who knows.

Last edited:
troutdude

troutdude

Looks like you had a good day at the coast too. And, I'm glad that you didn't wear out your legs!

F

fishindude

I've got a question . How do you sit comfortably in a kayak in the swell with " cajones" that big ??:cool::D

A

Amberjack

Wow great video. I live in Depoe Bay during the summer. I won't cross the bar in my 17' CC 75HP. Scares the crap outta me.

T

The Nothing

I bet it was a big Cabezon you lost, looked like it by the way you were pulling it in, but I don't think I have seen a Cabezon peel line like at the beginning of the fight.

That was my initial thought, but, like you mentioned, i've never had a cab peel line that like. My largest this year was just shy of 10# (ODFW scale), and it was much easier to deal with. A coworker suggested it might have actually been a wolf eel...

Looks like you had a good day at the coast too. And, I'm glad that you didn't wear out your legs!

Nah, if I wanted to wear out my legs I'd fish from a Hobie kayak....

I've got a question . How do you sit comfortably in a kayak in the swell with " cajones" that big ??:cool::D

haha, with my legs hanging over the side... no... really...

Wow great video. I live in Depoe Bay during the summer. I won't cross the bar in my 17' CC 75HP. Scares the crap outta me.

The rare days like this are amazingly flat and easy. There was only one other boat out on the water (other than the Coasties) and they were in an zodiac style inflatable and chasing around a whale that I couldn't get on the camera...

S

skunk

[YOUTUBE]s0QbFKHh86g[/YOUTUBE]

You have the coolest posts, love to 'see' your fishing reports. Thanks for sharing. Also may I suggest a short lesson on what is needed for safe ocean kayaking. I notice you have a number of different addons like that radio clipped to your vest. I'd like to try kayaking the ocean, but don't know where to start with safety. Mainly related to beacons, coast guard, etc. Thanks

T

The Nothing

That's an excellent idea! I've got a few posts elsewhere on the webs that I can use and expand upon here for you guys