What days can you fish???

T
troutmasta
You can only fish for sturgeon Thurs Fri and Sat, Correct??????

B
beaverfan
Nope, you can only keep them Thur, Fri, Sat. You can fish for them 7 days a week.

Reactions: troutmasta
T
troutmasta
Darn, just so stinkin funny aren't ya. Got a keeper in your spot today.:D
39 1/2 full inches of fun. Thanks for the advice on the bait. caught a ton of shakers too.

Last edited:
B
beaverfan
Awesome, way to go! I can't wait to get my first keeper. Was that the only one you caught, any shakers?

T
troutmasta
we caught lots of shakers. They murdered those squid. Seirously started getting bites 2 min into it.

T
troutmasta
I got a keeper this spring behind the island. I might hit it up next sat. If i'm back from boise by then

B
beaverfan
Ya that squid is some bad a$$ bait! I'm going out either Friday or Saturday, not sure which. I need to get out for Salmon too but this Sturgeon fishing is a blast.

S
STURGEON FEAR
Nice fish!! That a neberg keeper?

T
troutmasta
Yes sir. Went again today just for c&r. It was SLOW:( SLOW:confused: SLOW:rolleyes:. Sat there the whole day and just got little nibbles. Same bait, same spot.:wall:

S
STURGEON FEAR
well one thing about sturg. is u have to move a lot only spend about 15 min. in a spot if no fish or good bites move!! sometimes u only have to move 20 or 30 feet to be in them

T
troutmasta
Right on. We moved down to a 60 foot hole but no luck. I'm fairly new at sturgeon that was my 2nd keeper ever, so any advice helps. Thank you:dance:

S
STURGEON FEAR
ya if u even just move 20 or 30 ft that can be the difference look for ledges or dropoffs that have a hole downriver from it that will hold food and less current and sturg like to lay in those and eat but sometimes u have to move down that ledge to find where they are laying ,, do u ahve a good fishfinder? do u know how to use it good?

T
troutmasta
I have a good fish finder, but as far as using it good???? :think:eh, when it beeps i look down and it shows a picture of a fish at a particular depth. I,ve never seen it show fish on the bottom, but it shows structure like trees and weeds and stuff, I mainly use it as a depth finder.

S
STURGEON FEAR
well what u want to do is set ur bottom lock on and get rid of fish i.d. and set ur zoom on the bottom at least 2x i set mine at 4x sturgeon feed with there tail usually about a foot off the bottom so on a fish finder they look like a stick or sometimes just a bump they are hard to see sometimes plus the ones laying flat on the bottom u wont see text me at541- 556-7356 and i will send u a picture of what to look for on the screen once u learn to use ur fishfinder well u will catch a lot more fish

Reactions: troutmasta
T
troutmasta
Text message sent thank you!:D