What brand pontoon boat?

R
rainbowfisherman
Hello all, I have been looking into buying a small pontoon boat but have no idea what kind to buy?? I am looking in the 200 $ollar range hopefully cheaper but i know that may not even be enough. So if there are any suggestions on what brand that would be great. Or if anybody has one in good condition.

Thanks
-Rainbowfisher

B
beaverfan
I remember several people on here mentioning a pontoon they have a bimart for I think 189.99 or something like that. It sounded like a pretty good deal and heard some good reviews on it. Just can't think of the name right now.

H
halibuthitman
rainbowfisherman said:
Hello all, I have been looking into buying a small pontoon boat but have no idea what kind to buy?? I am looking in the 200 $ollar range hopefully cheaper but i know that may not even be enough. So if there are any suggestions on what brand that would be great. Or if anybody has one in good condition.

Thanks
-Rainbowfisher

rainbowfisherman, watch craigslist... there were two last week, but given your price range you are ganna end up with what you get... may I suggest researching what you want and saving for it? compromise usally ends up in being compromised.:(

L
lizardman
Rainbowfisherman,
I have an Outcast "Fishcat 9" that was rebadged as a "Sportsman's 9" as Sportsman's Warehouse (now Wholesale Sports) would buy these and rebadge them and sell them for $100.00 less than the Outcast boats as they were buying them in high volume from Outcast.

I am looking to get $400.00 for the pontoon with the oars and bags it came with. I would take $350 for the pontoon, but you would have to come pick it up.

Dave

R
rainbowfisherman
Thanks for all the imput everyone i have been on craigslist.

J
JeannaJigs
About 5 years ago I got a creek company 8' ODC sport xl. I might be selling it due to purchasing a drift boat yesterday, but I'm not sure yet...it still has it's place for high lakes. I have had no problems with it until this year, I got a leak in the pontoons, I think it was due to not putting it away properly, and storing it in my vehicle on a hot 100+ degree day. I have had no issues with it, and it was $200. Served me well for river use as well, handles very good.

R
rainbowfisherman
Thanks everyone

Did you ever get the patch fixed?

J
JeannaJigs
rainbowfisherman said:
Thanks everyone

Did you ever get the patch fixed?

Yep, the pontoons are functional again.

R
rainbowfisherman
TTfishon thats a great site is your pontoon still in good shape?

T
TTFishon
rainbowfisherman said:
TTfishon thats a great site is your pontoon still in good shape?

Yep. I just got it in August. I've only used it a couple of times before the weather got cold. A friend of mine has one just like it. He let me use it a couple of times on the Mckenzie and the Willamette. It did pretty good except my but got wet while floating through the rapids.

R
rainbowfisherman
Did you ge tthe ODC classic? It looks good and is on sale for 200 $. Is that a good deal?

T
TTFishon
rainbowfisherman said:
Did you ge tthe ODC classic? It looks good and is on sale for 200 $. Is that a good deal?

Yeah, that's the one I got and I think it's a good deal.