What are the odds??

S
Santiam338
Took the daughter and her boyfriend down the river today in search of thier first steelhead..Niether of them has fished steel before except for the Siuslaw last weekend where we skunked...

So what are the odds that your very first is 39.5 x 20 that calcs out to a tad over 20 pounds and is clipped to boot...A LOT I bet...LOL:shock:

My daughter also caught her first "regular" sized fish...I was starting to doubt we would get hers today after she lost the first 2...

Epic day..

IMG_2257.jpg

IMG_2268.jpg

IMG_2284.jpg

Reactions: rogerdodger
L
lilsalmon
Wow...good job you guys and gal......beautiful fish

P
plumb2fish
What a toad, that's one heck of a first fish.....ya went and ruined em Santiam....

O
OnTheFly
Yeah..thumbs up from me too!

T
TJR_84
Awesome fish you guys, I bet they are hooked on steel. Hope they don't think you catch fish like that often!!!! Heck of a first!

S
salmon_slayer87
That is a monster!! My question is...when is the next time you are running the river? haha.
Great job ya'll!!
Keep it up

H
halibuthitman
man... unreal..

B
BobbiDollPDX
That is a beautiful fish!

F
fishinmachine
Holy Fish! Nice.

P
PNW Sam
Holy crap... Wow!

B
Boombollie
Holy smokes!

R
RunWithSasquatch
Woah Bill! You sure are making me going back to work hurt even more...exceptional fish Bill, truly!

rogerdodger
rogerdodger
wow, are you sure that isn't a Chinook disguised as a steelhead????....:lol::lol:

what a fish...

troutdude
troutdude
Dang, a 20+ hatchery fish is a flat out hands down PIG!!! Nicely done!

G
Gone fishin
Wow, nice fish....wont have a hard time gettin them in the boat, from now on.......

C
ChezJfrey
Holy Smokes! So the message here is to go fishing with YOU! :)

Nicely done.

G
gloomis85
DAMNNN! Now that's what I need, awesome fish!!!

A
alm21
Talk about going from 0 to 100! ....or more like 0 to 20lb! The downside is that the bar has been set high and it's all down hill from here. :) BTW, are you booking trips yet?! ;)

S
Santiam338
Lot a boats putting in that morning..I was procrastinating drift fishing a spot trying to let the road racers go on down and thin out...There were 2 boats drift fishing that hole and they pulled out a fish...After hammering it pretty hard they finally pulled anchor and went down..

I dropped in and decided to pull plugs through the hole...It had been drift fished to death and thought a differant look might work...

I was right.. ;)

30 hot shot,blue pirate...

It was actually a pretty tough day...I hate the weekends and rarely go then but it is the only time my daughter can fish....The same float last Wensday I saw 2 boats all day...Musta been 20 Saturday..Unless I am forced into it I don't fish Saturdays...:shock:

B
billfisher
WOW! Good job!