What about Cam Newton?

P

Phil_Bud

What do you think bout Cam Newton? Should he get the Heisman? The Heisman winner must show integrity and excellance!
I say give it to LaMichael James....if not him Andrew Luck.
Cam Newton is by far the leader in the race...but after what happened to Reggie Bush...What if they find out cam newton knew about all of this; and strip him of his heisman in a year or two or three? Its pointless to vote for him now...right?
GO DUCKS

C

Combat Chuck

The Heisman winner must show integrity and excellance!

James' past isn't exactly great either... But Cam's is the more recent and the bigger story. Im hoping for Andrew Luck but its a long shot.

E

everett464

The only explanation for the NCAA preemptively reinstating Cam Newton is that their investigation showed no evidence that Cam Newton would be ruled ineligible. He may in the future, but as of now there is nothing to take the award away from him. Denying him the award because of past indiscretions, or the possibility that bad conduct may surface in the future would be silly, wrong, and, in my opinion, un-American.

Look, if the race were close Newton would likely have fallen out of favor, but the fact is Newton is so far ahead of the competition the voters would be fools to vote for anyone else.

S

steelhead_stalkers

I think Thomas should be in the running! He has similar numbers as luck and newton plus he has a stud with james taking most of the rushing yards. Pretty impressive!

T

Throbbit _Shane

I want LaMichael to win. I dont think its right if the highest paid player in the ncaa wins it. GO DUCKS

E

everett464

He [Thomas] has similar numbers as luck and newton

No

Cam Newton is Rushing 108 yards per game, and 5.8 per carry and ranks 15th in the country in rushing; Luck has barely rushed for 100, but makes up for it in the air; Thomas has nto even rushed 100.

Cam Newton has the best QB rating in the county at 188.2; Luck is a respectable 166; Thomas is 151.

Further, Both Luck and Newton have thrown for more yards than Thomas. Luck by almost 500 yards on the season.

M

Mad dog

No

Cam Newton is Rushing 108 yards per game, and 5.8 per carry and ranks 15th in the country in rushing; Luck has barely rushed for 100, but makes up for it in the air; Thomas has nto even rushed 100.

Cam Newton has the best QB rating in the county at 188.2; Luck is a respectable 166; Thomas is 151.

Further, Both Luck and Newton have thrown for more yards than Thomas. Luck by almost 500 yards on the season.

Cam Newton....49 touchdowns this season, over 2,500 yds passing and over 1,400 yds rushing!

S

steelhead_stalkers

The second part of my post was referring to James taking a lot of those rushing yarns he would have. Newton would not have the numbers he does if he had a few decent players around. You also have to take into account how many games Thomas only played one quarter! And a few other games he only played for the half! I guess thats what happens when you are running the best offense in the country! :D No doubt that Newton is a great player but I find it funny how the ESPN guys almost pee their pants every time he runs 10 yards! If it was a west coast player being accused of what he is they would have thrown him under the bus and taken that person off their ballots.

F

FishFiddle

Go Chad! I agree with you....Cam is a great college player, but....it really is about the concentration of writers, population, and money on the east coast. Lots of those people think that football (nor anything else for that matter) exists west of the Big Muddy River.

M

MIKE (YGA)

seriously??? i no your mad about your boy james but cmon cam newton was easily the best player this year and luck right behind him... do u remember why james was suspended the first game of the season????????! exactly! so dont hate he didn't even do anything
haha jk bud
YOUNG GUN ANGLER

Top Bottom