What 5 lures would you use on a road trip?

brandon4455
brandon4455
ok so here is the situation. you are on a cross country trip and have time to stop for a lot of fishing what 5 lures do you bring what size and what color? this seemed like it would be a fun topic.

brandon

Last edited:
W
waco
do you know what areas you stopping by??? that would help!!!

brandon4455
brandon4455
waco said:
do you know what areas you stopping by??? that would help!!!

i'm not goin anywhere im just aasking everyone what they would bring for fun!

brandon

M
Moe
1. Black panther martin w/ gold blade
2. Pink Worm
3. Blue Blue fox spinner
4. Nightmare Jig
5. Some kind of crankbait

brandon4455
brandon4455
1. 1/6 oz black rooster tail
2. slip bobber and micro sized black marabou jig
3. size 2 blue fox (rainbow trout color)
4. brass steelhead by bud
5. nickel steelhead by bud.

steelhead by bud is probably the most effective spinner ive ever used in my life! ive caught coho, chinook ,trout ,bass ,panfish you name! it on steelhead by bud spinners they are very effective! but i have't seen one in stores for a while im wondering if they are takin em of the market?

Last edited:
G
GMR
This time of year? and im limited to only 5...
2 Silver plated Blade/Body spinners
2 Black Blade/Body spinners.
1 Brass Blade/Body Spinner

Good starting point for winter...

brandon4455
brandon4455
GMR said:
This time of year? and im limited to only 5...
2 Silver plated Blade/Body spinners
2 Black Blade/Body spinners.
1 Brass Blade/Body Spinner

Good starting point for winter...

time of year don't matter. just pick what you thinm would work in multi water situations ;)

G
GMR
Same answer. Limited to 5 it covers the spectrum. Sizes might change other than that...

H
halibuthitman
for nation wide? mine get to be flies becouse unless im fishing salmonoids thats all I throw

1. Black ant
2. parachute adams
3. black wooly bugger
4. tan elkhair caddis
5. and a foam hopper

brandon4455
brandon4455
halibuthitman said:
for nation wide? mine get to be flies becouse unless im fishing salmonoids thats all I throw

1. Black ant
2. parachute adams
3. black wooly bugger
4. tan elkhair caddis
5. and a foam hopper
ya it's nation wide remember there will be salmonids....because the great lakes and ny etc . and i like the foam hopper they work real good in late summer

H
halibuthitman
as for hardware, a gray roostertail or a red and white mepps algia would work just about anywhere in the world... they are the 30/30 winchesters of the fishing world-

brandon4455
brandon4455
halibuthitman said:
as for hardware, a gray roostertail or a red and white mepps algia would work just about anywhere in the world... they are the 30/30 winchesters of the fishing world-

ive only used a grey roostertail once and boy it caught fish,i think i might have caught every fish in the few holes i fished twice LOL and as for mepps,i have only used those a handful of times and i caught very few fish. and you know what? change my crankbait to another spinner....one of my all time favorite spinners a brass steelhead by bud ! and change my blue fox to a nickel steelhead by bud. my dad killed steel on three rivers with those!

troutdude
troutdude
1. Brass Little Cleo Wobbler
2. Original Red / White Daredevel (w/ brass back - not nickel)
3. Rainbow colored Rooster Tail
4. All Black "Jed Davis" spinner
5. Nightcrawlers

B
bigsteel
1.Peacock Stimulator
2.parachute adams
3.gold ribbed hares ear
4.prince nymph
5.Elk Hair Caddis(tan)

brandon4455
brandon4455
troutdude said:
1. Brass Little Cleo Wobbler
2. Original Red / White Daredevel (w/ brass back - not nickel)
3. Rainbow colored Rooster Tail
4. All Black "Jed Davis" spinner
5. Nightcrawlers

i would havepicked nightcrawlers aso but,i had to have both colors of steelhead by bud spinners xD

brandon4455
brandon4455
bigsteel said:
1.Peacock Stimulator
2.parachute adams
3.gold ribbed hares ear
4.prince nymph
5.Elk Hair Caddis(tan)

why does everyone love elk hair caddis so much? are they that good of a fly?

troutdude
troutdude
brandon4455 said:
i would havepicked nightcrawlers aso but,i had to have both colors of steelhead by bud spinners xD

Ummm...let's add "wedding ring spinner", in front of nightcrawler. A ring n' worm <pun intended...LOL...are deadly on Kokes, Chinokanees, and trout (if using the right color).

troutdude
troutdude
brandon4455 said:

Ummm...let's add "wedding ring spinner", in front of nightcrawler. A ring n' worm <pun intended...LOL>...are deadly on Kokes, Chinokanees, and trout (if using the right color).

brandon4455
brandon4455
troutdude said:
Ummm...let's add "wedding ring spinner", in front of nightcrawler. A ring n' worm <pun intended...LOL...are deadly on Kokes, Chinokanees, and trout (if using the right color).

LOL. ive only used wedding rings a fewtimes. caugh some rainbows on them but i decided to switch to a rooster tail and caught more fish

troutdude
troutdude
Sending PM