WF3 line???

E
eggs
Think I should spring for the SA Sharkskin or go with Cort 444 or maybe Tri Taper???

I kinda want to give the Sharkskin a shot...

Thoughs?

H
halibuthitman
mostly dry fly fishing... tri taper, for all styles and bugs... sharkskin

E
eggs
Have you used sharkskin??? What's your take on it??

T
troutramp
keep in mind that the sharkskin is textured and it collects dirt, sand , and other debris. I have seen it where it has been fished in areas with a lot of sand become an abrasive cord that cuts right through the bottom of your reel. Not to mention if you want maximum performance out of a sharkskin it should be cast on a heavier rod. You most likely will not need 100 ft cast son your 3wt ( i could be wrong). I like the triangle taper on one of my 4wts, the light trout lines from rio are the best for dries hands down. Just remember your 3wt is a tool of finess accuracy is paramount.

E
eggs
Yea.. I will be doing mostly 80% dry 20% nymph/bugger.. all in mtn streams and lakes.. dirty water isn't an issue but the higher floating and less water drag/splash on roll casts is what draws me to sharkskin.. but tri taper sounds like a great proven line.

T
troutramp
if your going to be doing mostly dries and some nymphing and streamer work I can vouch for the triangle taper the 444 would probably be ok as well. Interesting side note the 444 has been around along time as has the triangle taper. I would use the tri taper because its proven itself to me as a reliable all around taper. All that said I fish a lot of rio lines and some orvis.

E
everett464
My buddy has sharkskin on his light rod, and loves it. I have tossed it around a couple of times, and it casts really well, I would say as accurate as long; the taper is not so aggressive that you lose a whole lot of accuracy.

My biggest comment is that the feel is about as good as any line I have ever drifted. Really, really sensitive.

Rumor does have it that it's not a great winter line; supposedly not good in sub-freezing temps. Just a thought if you are looking for something to get you through the next few months.

H
halibuthitman
sharkskin is very tough and casts very well, it does get dirty, and is very sensetive to building ice, but I dress it with some old 333 fly line dressing and those problems are solved... as any floating line, cleaning and dressing is a very good idea.. the triangle is simply my favorite line becouse I love how it casts and it floats like it is supposed to. I have tried many lines and always return to the triangle. But for dredging yarn and buggers and getting down in the dark where winter steel live I use 444... becouse I don't feel too bad about having to throw one away. Tri is the line for tossin pmd's and ants.. and it has longetivity.

B
bigsteel
eggs,get the cortland 444dt it is the best proven fly line there is.

E
eggs
i think i am going to try out the tri taper... hope it is a good pick

any other opinions are welcome i wont pick it up until tomorrow or friday