WestSalish Pond Bass and Crappie report

F
FishKiller23
Well went out for a few hours with my girlfriend and we had a blast. Caught a dozen Black Crappie and saw about 5 good size Bass out there. I image when the water warms up a little more the Bass will be more willing to play a bit.

By the way it was on the east side of the pond if your coming in from the front.

B
buddah426
FishKiller23 said:
Well went out for a few hours with my girlfriend and we had a blast. Caught a dozen Black Crappie and saw about 5 good size Bass out there. I image when the water warms up a little more the Bass will be more willing to play a bit.

By the way it was on the east side of the pond if your coming in from the front.
were u at the west pond or east pond? i was out there last week and struck out :( will hit it next week probably.

F
FishKiller23
I was fishing right off the dock on the eastside which is the one they dont stock the trout in I belive. near the apartments

J
JTLunker
If you caught Crappie and saw Bass you were on the East side. The west side is stocked with trout. I have seen people be successful from the fences on both sides of the boundaries of the private property.

B
buddah426
JTLunker said:
If you caught Crappie and saw Bass you were on the East side. The west side is stocked with trout. I have seen people be successful from the fences on both sides of the boundaries of the private property.

there is private boundaries there now? i remember attending reynolds middle right there and crossing the football field and hopping the fence, crossing the bus barn and getting stashed pole/tackle box out of the brush and fishing all day there. now its surrounded by yuppies :mad::(:mad: i feel like screaming...

T
The Nothing
haven't heard anyone mention the two ponds on the south side of Glisan... I guess there's nothing there??

T
trollin4trout
It all seems to be fenced and posted , so we'll likely never know???

T
The Nothing
ah, OK. I was just looking via Google and saw them sitting there...

F
FishKiller23
The Nothing said:
ah, OK. I was just looking via Google and saw them sitting there...

across the street from westsalish there is a private place and from what I saw it has a lot of bass and crappie. I have never fished there but my buddy jumped the fence and said he caught a few.

B
bassman503
JTLunker said:

the west side also has big bass and crappie.

W
williamonica0214
where is this pond ? are there any ponds near hillsboro

F
FishSchooler
It is in gresham, but you could go to the max station and catch a train that will take you to gresham... :D

A
apollo96
O boy.... i am looking for a place to catch cat fish ... are there any in salish pond? the bass sound good.....i also would like to bring my dog with me is that ok there....i have never been there and i know it is on Glisen but what is the cross road....can you fish year around or what...does anyone know....

F
FishSchooler
Welcome to OFF apollo... :D I havent heard of cats in either of the salish ponds, but I think there is something like a cat on the east side. Its getting cold for bass, but the steels are gonna come in soon. :D

A
apollo96
ok what do you mean steels....are getting ready to move in on the east side

T
Troutier Bassier
Wow I have never seen crappie there or bass. I caught 1 SMALL crappie minnow there but thats it.

D
DDR
I've seen both bass and crappies in West Salish. But you'll see lots more in East Salish. I have yet to catch any bass out of there. That may be today's project.

T
Troutier Bassier
Oh I went there today. Nothing. Just got scared by a few snakes and thats all. nobody else caugh anything there.

T
Troutier Bassier
are you sreiouse

are you sreiouse

Im SEREOUSE!!!!

Me and my friend were slacking off and we found 15 snakes on time!