We're having a boy :)

G

GungasUncle

Wife & I found out today that we're having a boy. She's 38 almost 39 weeks along, so he can come any day now. Official due date is the 22nd.

Life is about to get a hell of a lot more...interesting :shock:

Raincatcher

Raincatcher

Less than 50 feet from the Santiam River! :)
:dance::dance:CONGRATULATIONS!!!:dance::dance:
I remember the days of peace and happiness before Autofisher was born :)...then, well, I'll just call it "comic chaos"...:lol::lol: get ready,Dad...you're gonna have a blast! :clap::clap:

M

metalfisher76

That is awesome!! Another fisherman for the future of OFF!:clap:

F

fishtales

Congrats!! I have two of my own and love spending every min with them. Stock up on diapers they are expensive.:shock:

troutdude

troutdude

That's cool man; congrats.

And don't forget, he'll need an OFF hat, t shirt and hoodie...in newborn size. :cool:

G

GungasUncle

In answer to some questions...

Yep, our first. And probably last. We just wanted this one. And he was a bit of a surprise for us, to say the least.

And diapers - way ahead. We're going the cloth diaper route - might be less convenient, but it's way cheaper, and won't fill up a land fill with my kid's poop, and some plastic that will still be around when he's an old man back in diapers.

And I'm most definitely starting to think about his first rod & reel - he's got to be my fishin' buddy! I think I'm going to try building him a nice little casting rod, and it'll give me a good use for my old Zebco 33 from when I was a kid, unless I can find a left-hand retrieve model somewhere. I'm also going to buy a little bolt action single shot .22 to stash away for when he gets older - already have the rifle picked out. If he was going to be a she, I probably would've gotten her the pink version, but since he's a he - going to go for the black & stainless look. Dad can use it too...

My wife didn't believe me before when I told her I've had gray hairs creeping in for a few years. I'm sure that in a year, she's going to look at me and say "yeah, I guess you were right." Provided I have any hair left. :p

O

OnTheFly

Kids are over rated. Just kidding! Honestly, I'm glad I've got the boy but I could not live without the girl. Congrats Gungas. Enjoy the ride.

M

Markcanby

Kids are over rated. Just kidding! Honestly, I'm glad I've got the boy but I could not live without the girl. Congrats Gungas. Enjoy the ride.

x2

I could drowned the boys on most trips but the girl she's daddy's little angel

G

GungasUncle

I'm just praying that my boy is better behaved than my bro's. His son is turning 12 next month, and he's more than a handful. His little sister is 3 in August, and she's just the cutest most well behaved thing ever. If it wasn't for the fact that they both look like their parents, I'd swear one was adopted. She's definitely a daddy's girl also - at least as long as daddy is buying her "pretties". He folds like a bad poker player whenever she finds something shiney and pretty... so on that aspect, I'm glad I've got a boy coming. :) That, and the fact that when the kid turns 13/14 - I don't have to start worrying about it bringing boys home (I hope!) or getting knocked up. I'm thinking "the talk" will be easier with a boy. Glad that's over a decade away!

M

Markcanby

Yeah my oldest boy is 12 also an most days the river looks pretty good for him. As for having a 14 year old girl I have 8 more years to buy guns an yes I will be cleaning them we the boy picks here up for her first date.

E

eggs

Congrats man! 3 weeks and I find out if I am dad(boy) or a daddy(girl).... glad ya scored a boy man, thas what we are shooting for, but health is the most important!

M

mrlindeman

Congratulations!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Boy or a girl hope baby is born healthy and you all do well. :)

O

OnTheFly

Congrats man! 3 weeks and I find out if I am dad(boy) or a daddy(girl).... glad ya scored a boy man, thas what we are shooting for, but health is the most important!
Look at April Vokey. Ya never know eggs...

Top Bottom