Went up there Saturday

B
Big Hairy Dawg
And the fishing kicked my behind! I made the mistake and only went with power bait and I didn't even get a bite all day :mad:
My wife caught one and my nephew did as bad as I did.
I saw some strings come in with some nice fish caught on the SE side, the only place that I didn't drop an anchor. I told my wife that I think we need to give it a rest and let the hatches calm down....but I'm already thinking about this weekend!:dance:

T
Throbbit _Shane
I was there on June 23rd. I anchored out in my pontoon not far out from the pizza parlor. Used 4lb leader and rainbow powerbait. I got a limit in a little over an hour. All the trouts had full stomachs. Must be feasting on all them bugs!

P
Panman
Just curious - Went up where?

Panman

T
Throbbit _Shane
Diamond Lake. Which is the category this thread was made in. :D

T
thefishinkid
Throbbit _Shane said:
I was there on June 23rd. I anchored out in my pontoon not far out from the pizza parlor. Used 4lb leader and rainbow powerbait. I got a limit in a little over an hour. All the trouts had full stomachs. Must be feasting on all them bugs!

How long of a leader were u using? i just got a pontoon boat and will be fishing the upper lakes soon.

D
Delrod
Heading up on Friday. How bad are the bugs in the campgrounds?

T
Throbbit _Shane
Bugs were really bad when i was up there last.

I used about a 2-3ft leader.

S
sherman
We were up there the 27th of June which was Monday after the big tournement. Camped at Thielson View & the bugs were hurendous even with bug spray. I caught one 19" trout trolling a black fly in my pontoon. It rained the next day so we packed up & went down on the Umpqua for two days of bug free, rain free camping. Didn't fish for it's fly fishing only & I've yet to get me a fly rod.

B
Big Hairy Dawg
I use 3-4 feet and 2lb with chartrouse PB (forgive my bad spelling)

The skeets attacked us at the ramp and even inside the pizza parlor!

Saturday afternoon in front of the pizza parlor there was only a couple a boats.

D
Delrod
Thanks for the info. I'll report back next week on the fishing/bugs.

D
Delrod
Fished Sun,Mon and this morning. Caught 2 man limits each day.About a 1/3 of which were around 18'' and the rest were 13''-14'' fatties. The best action was in front the little cabins with the green roofs. About 50yds out. With a good fire and some cocktails the Bugs didn't seem to bad.

B
Burtonsno
Nice, sounds like some good fishin
What were you using for bait? I'm headed up there tomorrow first time fishing diamond.

D
Delrod
Caught most on Rainbow PB and a few on Flies. Good luck and have fun. I smoked up a bunch to give to a friend that has a Winery and his customers love it. If your doing some meat fishing I can't think of a better place in Oregon than Diamond Lake. I'm going back for more in a week.

M
mahmichael
Nice fish, thanks for the pictures. Just curious, did you have the PB off bottom with a sinker or you were using a bobber on surface?

D
Delrod
Off the bottom with 2' of leader. Keeps the bait out of the weeds.

Reactions: mahmichael