Went to EC today

K
Kais
i went to eagle creek today and fished from the bonnie lure bridge down to the mouth and on the clack. My brother only got tiny 1-2 inch fish near the bridge. What is up with that? Do they need time to grow? can anyone tell me why there weren't any decent sized fish but tons and tons of babies?

M
metalfisher76
Migrating smolts. Any salmon/steel that entered the crick in May/June are up crick. It`s faaaaaaar too low through that section to hold many of the bigguns. Ya might find 1 hiding in some a current, seams/riffles, whitewater.

K
Kais
Do they get hurt or die after i release them, (barbless hooks)

N
nativefish
my guess is if u gut hook them then it doesn't matter what kind of hook you use, they will die. if not, then they have a chance to survive

B
beaverfan
Kais said:
Do they get hurt or die after i release them, (barbless hooks)

I'm sure the mortality rate is pretty high with 1-2 inch fish.

M
metalfisher76
Yeah, it could get ugly with low,warm water too. I would go much higher on ANY system if I was targeting trout. You should drive way up the Clack bud and check out the Collawash and other tribs. If you get to know it now, you`ll be in the know when they reintroduce bull trout. Giving ya cutties, bows, brookies(in some streams up there)and then bullies. Not to mention the white fish and whatever else I`m missin. Good luck! at least yer out there goin for it and asking ?s. That`s what we`re here for!

B
beaverfan
I agree with metalfisher, but I would add that if you go up to the upper Clack or Collawash make sure you check your regs. Most of those streams have strict regs on retention and bait. Toss a small spinner and you should have a pretty good day, fly and bobber always works up there too!

K
Kais
cool thanks guys