Went shopping!

T

tomriker

had a few hundred extra bucks and went on and bought some goodies! these were the highlights IMG_7771.jpg

what do you guys think of my bass 2011 arsenal

T

Throbbit _Shane

FP gave me one of those mice. can't wait to get a bass to hit it.

T

tomriker

im excited to try the crawdad, the picture doesn't do it justice. the mice is so much fun to watch em hit it, but it's the hardest thing i have to actualy set the hook. so i was thinking about getting treble hooks and put em on the back or my just some 3/0 hooks looped in behind the flashers

F

Finneus Polebender

im excited to try the crawdad, the picture doesn't do it justice. the mice is so much fun to watch em hit it, but it's the hardest thing i have to actualy set the hook. so i was thinking about getting treble hooks and put em on the back or my just some 3/0 hooks looped in behind the flashers

That looped behind the flasher thing sounds like it might be the ticket those mice get hammered but I agree the hookset has been tough. Is that a dahlberg crawdad lure ? TT posted a link to a video on those and they look awesome. I really think that top dawg will be a killer during the spawn too!

T

tomriker

sun came out for a minute so ran down to the corner where the pond opens up out of the neck there where we usually catch one off that point ya know? anyways used the crawdad, caught 2! this was the first one, both just babys :( not bad for less than 10 minutes of fishing though :) IMG_6657.jpg

T

tomriker

oh and i even left out your alleged "bait of confidence" FP i say alleged because i have yet to catch anything on said bait :)

R

ryan808

Nice deal, I too got a bunch of stuff that I got recently, but never had a real chance to fish yet. Nice rod by the way:D. I was thinking about taking my son down to Albany this Sunday and possibly trying Freeway, maybe I'll swing by and say what's up.

F

Finneus Polebender

oh and i even left out your alleged "bait of confidence" FP i say alleged because i have yet to catch anything on said bait :)

Thanks on that, nice baby ,know the spot catch one almost every time there the crawdad must be as effective as they are cool lookin going through the water. Sounds like I will be doin some shopping for crawdads LOL

R

ryan808

Speaking of toys, FP I got some toys ready for you. Let me know when you want to take the toys for a ride.

T

tomriker

Will be out of town this weeked Ryan :( and FP the nice thing about the craws I got are that they can also be jiged, I didn't even feel either of the fish felt like a snag, water is freezing and they're still moving slow. The other thing about those particular craws is that they come with extra top halts that are rubber so you can replace em. I picked up an extra one thats got your name on it. I wish it's warm up and stop raining! The red barn kinda by the dock has water coming into it now the waters so much higher

F

Finneus Polebender

Oh and not to jack this thread or anything but I have heard that a bass' eyes will be in the same position they were lookin when they take the bait when you yard them out, which can tell you if they are bottom or top feeding .Looks like TRs is lookin down.

F

Finneus Polebender

Will be out of town this weeked Ryan :( and FP the nice thing about the craws I got are that they can also be jiged, I didn't even feel either of the fish felt like a snag, water is freezing and they're still moving slow. The other thing about those particular craws is that they come with extra top halts that are rubber so you can replace em. I picked up an extra one thats got your name on it. I wish it's warm up and stop raining! The red barn kinda by the dock has water coming into it now the waters so much higher

Whoa and I thought my ponds were flooded! booyah on the extra crawdad

F

Finneus Polebender

Speaking of toys, FP I got some toys ready for you. Let me know when you want to take the toys for a ride.

well if ya get tired of the freeway lakes ,even though high the big pond is very clear and we still have weekend use . Might even ride up and meet ya in Albany have never givin the freeway lakes a shot yet.

R

ryan808

Sounds like a plan... Ive seen other Albany posts of people catching decent size bass this month, maybe Freeway will produce. I need to make my way down there to fish the pond with you, Im a little weary with the small tires on the boat trailer. I might have to pick up a spare wheel before heading down.

T

tomriker

I noticed that it's eyes seemed looking low, but thinking back I don't remember what any of the other fish I've caught looked like

brandon4455

brandon4455

mice...mice..mice

mice...mice..mice

love that mouse, i use to use those all the time at a pond on a farm quite a few years ago (about 7) floating mice near cover and the biguns explode out oif the water with the mouse in their mouth! brings back some memories

N

nwkiller

wow those are sweet....i can't wait to get some fatties riled up

M

Modest_Man

Oh and not to jack this thread or anything but I have heard that a bass' eyes will be in the same position they were lookin when they take the bait when you yard them out, which can tell you if they are bottom or top feeding .Looks like TRs is lookin down.

I don't know anything specifically about bass, but fish in general will always try to keep it's eyes vertical (perpendicular to the horizon) no matter the position you keep them in. So their eyes will always point down when they're laid on their side out of water. Try it with the next fish you catch. Watch its eye as you rotate the fish from vertical to horizontal.

Top Bottom