Well... I finally tied my first fly..

E
eggs
Bought the vice kit from river city fly for 39.99... Went over to OnTheFlys house and went at it.. tried a wollgbugger first to get my feet wet and practice... made an egg pattern.. then the game was on... first shot at a steelhead fly... and here it is..

IMG_20101230_165725.jpg

Kinda a winged Teeny..

GraphiteZen
GraphiteZen
Not bad man!!!

F
FishFinger
Congrats eggs, do you like the kit?. Your in for some fun now....

Nice first fly!

E
eggs
Thanks... kit is great just need to upgrade a couple tools but nothing expensive...

The fly is made on a #899 size 2 hook and completly made of natural pheasant tail..

brandon4455
brandon4455
nice teeny nymph bro :clap:

H
halibuthitman
great job!

M
mrlindeman
Awsome!!!! You are in for a great hobby man. Keep up the good work and if you have any questions pm me.

Irishrover
Irishrover
You are hooked now. Tying is a kick, and it something fun to to with this cold weather and snow here.

B
bigsteel
way to go bro,now you can let your imagination run wild

N
ninja2010
oh-oh... wifey's sure gonna miss ya now...

A
Anyfishisfine
I have "the kit" from River City. You will probably want to replace the bobbin with a ceramic one (mine cut thread too easy), and perhaps the scissors. Other than that everything seems pretty serviceable.

O
OnTheFly
Hey Erin, I suggest getting a couple more bobbins. It's nice to have more than one so you don't need to change thread all the time. Always keep a spool of black loaded and remember to buy only Uni-thread brand. Also, get a pair of fine tipped Dr. Slicks scissors, they're the best IMO. Although yours is functional, keep your eyes open for a base mounted vise. Now all you'll need to do is convince your wife where the new fly desk will be and if there's no agreeable spot then you'll need to build a room addition.:D

GraphiteZen
GraphiteZen
OnTheFly said:
Hey Erin, I suggest getting a couple more bobbins. It's nice to have more than one so you don't need to change thread all the time. Always keep a spool of black loaded and remember to buy only Uni-thread brand. Also, get a pair of fine tipped Dr. Slicks scissors, they're the best IMO. Although yours is functional, keep your eyes open for a base mounted vise. Now all you'll need to do is convince your wife where the new fly desk will be and if there's no agreeable spot then you'll need to build a room addition.:D

Agree on all points haha!

D
Drew9870
I would've expected your first fly to atleast be a breadball pattern, :D.

Nice lookin bug.