Well I broke my elbow. Thanks Jeanna.

G

GraphiteZen

To save myself the trouble of typing out what happened when I jacked up my arm with said jacked up arm I'm just going to paste what I put on my facebook page.

"The following took place between the hours of eight o'clock and nine o'clock, PM." *Doop doop. Doop doop.*

SO, I was out at the Adair Disc Golf Course practicing my drives and while picking up my discs I noticed the phenomenally smooth pavement of the new parking lot and thought "WOW that would make a great surface to drive from!". I neglected to consider the shoes I was wearing, track shoes in fact, the soles of which are also phenomenally smooth (like the parking lot) and also very hard (again, like the parking lot). Perfect for driving from the appropriate Driving Pad which is the same material as your typical running track, not so perfect for a paved parking lot, apparently. I whang a disc out there extra hard since I was driving into a slight cross wind, my feet go in some crazy direction I can't recall. Saying they went in 'some direction' is assuming they went in the same direction which I doubt. As I came down on both hands, my left elbow emits an audible 'pop'. I have broken a lot of bones and torn several different parts of several different joints and the sensation that followed can only vaguely be put into words using the term "You're screwed". And I skinned up my knee.

T

Throbbit _Shane

ouch!. maybe i shouldnt take up that activity lol :D

G

GraphiteZen

Jeanna has been very helpful, with her max aspirin dosage adivice, ibuprofen, ice, wrapping, etc.. She gave me an official free E-Evaluation! Thanks Jeanna!

troutdude

troutdude

YIKES. Sorry to hear that. I hope you heal up quickly and get back to fishing soon. And I hope that your next 4th of July, will be much more fun and injury free!

O

OnTheFly

If it's not your casting arm then what's the problem?:D

M

Mattdm22

that sucks man! Hope ya heal quick so you can rip some lip.

Raincatcher

Raincatcher

Less than 50 feet from the Santiam River! :)
I see a "Mooseknuckle Award" coming your way....lmao!! Remember the song on Hee-Haw...if it weren't for bad luck,I'd have no luck at all? Sorry of your pain and discomfort. You ARE keeping that doctor appointment....aren't you???

G

GraphiteZen

Yeah I got it checked out, it's broken. I see the surgeon in a week. However, I spent last night in Portland at a BBQ with friends who actually let a man on a streak such as this light the Mortars and Roman Candles (with one arm)!! Trusting friends I have. Right in the middle of a park in downtown Portland haha *BOOM*!! Good times! :lol::lol::lol:

J

JeannaJigs

Good god! I wouldn't let you near a cigarette lighter unsupervised, much less let you light explosives!!!! That's sooo a recipe for disaster. If you do it again, make sure video is rolling, you could end up on one of those shows loaded with stupid accident clips :) make some moneys lol

you're welcome for the free e-eval lol

J

JeannaJigs

Yeah but you seem to be the accident prone type. So keep the video rolling.

I realize I'm not one to talk about accident proneness but your luck Is worse than mine, so it's my duty to chime in

T

Thuggin4Life

Yeah I got it checked out, it's broken. I see the surgeon in a week. However, I spent last night in Portland at a BBQ with friends who actually let a man on a streak such as this light the Mortars and Roman Candles (with one arm)!! Trusting friends I have. Right in the middle of a park in downtown Portland haha *BOOM*!! Good times! :lol::lol::lol:

Pretty sure you can't talk about illegal activities on the forum.

just giving you a bad time. that really sucks man. at least you still got to enjoy the holiday. hope it heals quick and you figure out a way to still get out and fish.

C

Combat Chuck

Well I dont feel so gimpy now :) You did this just to help me feel better right?

Top Bottom