Weirdest things you've found outdoors!?

G
GraphiteZen
JeannaJigs said:
Classic poisoned kit kat bar in a bottle. Happens all the time.

hahaha yup.

G
GraphiteZen
Anyfishisfine said:
There is no way pictures can convey the emotion of that site. You can't stand there and not imagine what those guys went through. It's a snapshot of their last day, and they died a terrible death for sure. No glory, we don't even know their names.

..so the legacy of the Japanese fighters. Those guys were hard.

G
GraphiteZen
I found six raincoats and a perfect circle in the gravel on the bank of a river. THAT was pretty weird.

B
beaverfan
With hunting season in full swing, anybody find anything interesting in the woods?

C
Coastaldweller
It was around 1992-93 my father and I along with two family friends were hunting deer on the northeastern side of the Sixes unit. We made a drive through a draw covered in oak trees and came out to a large praire with a lone rock at the top of the hill. After walking towards the rock to regroup and eat lunch we found a dead cow. The cow had the skin off of its face carefully removed. On its exposed skull there was a wild looking carving. After looking around a little more we noticed a fair sized hole in its abdomen. About 30yds away on top of the large rock sat the fetus..... We figured it was time to get out of there and report the incident. Of course nothing ever happened....But, how freaking creepy..... Apparently around that time peroid there were several incidents like that around the Coos-Curry areas.

B
beaverfan
That is way creepy!

O
OnTheFly
Had to be damage from a Chuck Norris roundhouse kick.

H
halibuthitman
when I was a kid we were hunting in the Bob Marshal, I looked over off my horse an there was a hawken rifle ( in suprisingly good condition ) grown into the fork of a tree 35 feet off the ground.. it was grown in barrel first... its probably still there

F
fishtales
halibuthitman said:
when I was a kid we were hunting in the Bob Marshal, I looked over off my horse an there was a hawken rifle ( in suprisingly good condition ) grown into the fork of a tree 35 feet off the ground.. it was grown in barrel first... its probably still there

50 caliber or 30?

F
fishtales
A while back I was diong some fishing near the coast at a spot I had not fished before. Came accros a bridge and decided walk under it and fish the other side. There was a strange looking rope just hanging there under the bridge. It was no where near the water so I knew it was not a swinging rope. It looked preety weird just hanging there for no aparent reason that I could tell of.

H
halibuthitman
fishtales said:
50 caliber or 30?
I have no idea... it was 35 feet up there..

G
GDBrown
Old crosscut saw 1/3 of the way through a tree. looked like it had been there for 20 years or more. I was mad at myself for not having the camera with me that day. It was too long of a walk to go back just for a photo!

T
Troutier Bassier
ttt

F
FunFishClub
I spotted a bundle of climbing rope in the thaw just off the north facing summit or Mt. Hood the summer after those 3 climbers died in 06. Immediate chills. Still never found 2 of the climbers. Of course I reported the find.

A
Amberjack
Not in Oregon, about 10 years ago I was hunting quail in the AZ desert. Temps still in the 90's. Hunting was good, had about 9 in the bag, limit is 15 per day. Stopped under a huge mesquite tree, to cool off, rest and drink some water. Got the eriest feeling I was being watched. Got up several times to look around. Hair on the back on neck stood up and still had a weird feeling. Looked up and there were about 15 pairs of huge yellow eyes looking at me.... Owls, big SOBs too.

F
firewalker
Estacada- on a trail i the middle of nowhere.. 3 dead sheep in a pile. on top of the pile was a VCR with a VHS tape sticking half out of it with a broken tape blowing in the wind.. (Not once did I think to retrieve the tape and repair it)

T
TTFishon
firewalker said:
Estacada- on a trail i the middle of nowhere.. 3 dead sheep in a pile. on top of the pile was a VCR with a VHS tape sticking half out of it with a broken tape blowing in the wind.. (Not once did I think to retrieve the tape and repair it)

Repairing the tape is the first thing I thought of. lol

G
GraphiteZen
TTFishon said:
Repairing the tape is the first thing I thought of. lol

hahaha Indeed..

Might have been a genuine satanic goat snuff.

brandon4455
brandon4455
mygrandpa stumbled upon a KKK meeting in the nestucca river area,, i found a loaded gun with two fired rounds 2ooft down river on my local creek, a cloth on a belt that was loaded with more round the ccloth had brown stains on it,( i assume was blood) wrecked old truck with clothes in the driver seat up black rock mroad outside fall city. and a hobo lair with with dead rabbits and suckerfish in the woods near the willy, there were kids clothes and toy cars too, that was the scary part

C
colbypearson
god i absolutely love this thread so crazy!!! i will have to think about some of my stories

Top Bottom