Trout 2020 Show OFF

jamisonace
jamisonace
Quick afternoon on the river Friday. Trout fishing this time of year can be excellent....and lonely....which is a good thing.

Only boat on the river. High water so fish were stacked like firewood in soft water. Very soft takes so we missed more bites than we hooked and lost as many as we landed.

• IMG_20200119_135623_253.jpg
  • Resized_20200117_152358.jpg
Reactions: Fred, troutdude, TheKnigit and 2 others
EOBOY
EOBOY
On the Mac? If so from Deerhorn to Hindricks? Or what ever that one is.....hehehe The water looks nice color!

Admin
Admin
beautiful colors

bass
bass
Wow, those are beautiful fish. Congrats on a nice day on the water.

jamisonace
jamisonace
EOBOY said:
On the Mac? If so from Deerhorn to Hindricks? Or what ever that one is.....hehehe The water looks nice color!

I'm the kind of jerk that doesn't share locations.

But....you're on the right track.

Reactions: EOBOY
EOBOY
EOBOY
No problem, just wondered if the classic's were playing..........hehehe

Irishrover
Irishrover
My eye are getting old but were you using a pheasant tail nymph and a prince nymph? The only time we fished together you were on them with the nymphs while I went fishless trying to force dry flies. Glad you had a good time.

jamisonace
jamisonace
They were hitting the mega prince very consistently and I think I only got two or three to take the posse bugger.

I'm not ashamed to throw nymphs but we'll be using dries before too long.

You should join me for the March Brown hatch. I've learned a lot since the last time we fished.

hobster
hobster
Nothing wrong with throwing nymphs, mega prince is my go to!

Irishrover
Irishrover
jamisonace said:
They were hitting the mega prince very consistently and I think I only got two or three to take the posse bugger.

I'm not ashamed to throw nymphs but we'll be using dries before too long.

You should join me for the March Brown hatch. I've learned a lot since the last time we fished.

That was a few years ago. I do need to get back to fly fishing. Time to to start tying some March Browns up.

nikita_pdx
nikita_pdx

Reactions: Troutski, Raincatcher and Admin
P
platteflyfisher
First day first cast at 5 and fish on. Brought five to net by eight. I’m going golfing. Miss y’all.

• Wow
Reactions: Raincatcher, troutdude and Admin
F
Fred
Caught my first brook trout ever on a elk hair caddis. I caught a dozen or so more brook and cutthroats all small but still a blast. They sure do have some pretty colors.

Reactions: Raincatcher, Markk, TheKnigit and 2 others
TheKnigit
TheKnigit
Awesome! I love chasing brookies.

Reactions: Fred
bass
bass
Congrats! Brook trout were quite common in PA but I have not fished for them out here in OR. I had forgotten how pretty they are.

Grant22
Grant22
So I caught my biggest rainbow ever yesterday. It was a stocked brood trout but it had a yellow dot on its belly. I ate it and it tasted fine. Just wondering if anyone who knows what that yellow dot may be.
12lbs 30in on 6lb line

Reactions: SparkyofSoCal, Aervax and LazyBrewer
troutdude
troutdude
I'm not sure what that yellow mark/spot is. Maybe someone else will know. And it doesn't look very healthy (most brooder I've seen don't--because they are near the end of their lives). But it's a beast for sure! Good job man.

S
Snopro
I bet the spot is a Cheeto stain. ;)

• Haha
Reactions: troutdude
troutdude
troutdude
There's actually multiple yellow spots. That sucka musta chomped the whole dang bag!

Grant22
Grant22
Those aren’t the yellow spots on the side you can’t see them in the pic but they looked like a little yellow dot on its belly. Compared to a lot of the other brooders it looked pretty good and it tasted pretty good too.

Reactions: troutdude