Weekend review

M
metalfisher76
Friday my brother and I headed up to enjoy the fruits of April. Lot`s of action with chrome blasting through, some stopping long enough to look at a fly. I had the 1st take and he was not happy:D 4162010002.jpg
My brother had a nice dance with one but it was short lived. I took this hatchery a bit later 4162010004.jpg and let my bro go for it. While I waited Greg (a friend from the area) showed up and got into this lil fishy 4162010009.jpg
Bro had a couple more short strikes that had fish off faster than they were on. Since he worked the night before it was time to go. But not a bad morning, we were gone by 9am.
Saturday was Bigsteels day to treat his dad to the best shot at steel he can get:D As you know from bigsteels post lilsalmon started off and it was nice to see an average steel on that lil 6wt.
Here is what that looked like trimstopost002.jpg :shock::lol: She`s got this steelhead stuff down I tell ya. I had a hand on it, being native and not her 1st I opted against the net, before it came free on the LDR. The fight was all but over and we counted it:cool:
Up next was Daves dad, Randy. It was way cool to see and hear the excitement from his boy during and after this fight 4172010007.jpg toniandacroppedpic004.jpg Although Randy had never caught a steelhead, he must of fought some bruiser trout on the fly. As well as payed attention to the fights he witnessed earlier in the day. He handled that fish with skill!:) I feel as though I`m supposed to be somewhere!;)

Raincatcher
Raincatcher
Steel Slayers!

Steel Slayers!

What an awesome day for you and the rest. :clap: Wish I could have been there to watch the action. You guys aren't going to be able to contain Rose now. :D She is a certified STEEL SLAYER!! :yay: :yay: On a 6wt no less! :lol: Congrats to all,especially Dave's dad! :clap: :clap:

B
bigsteel
what an awesome day bro!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

C
Cohosanders
:clap:Nice Report and nice pics. as well.Steelies on the fly is something I have yet to experience.:D

B
bigdog
That's great you guys. Hey anything on the fly I have yet to do but then again I don't get my fly rod out to much and it's a 5wt I think so not sure it would be smart to take it out for steels or salmon. Oh hell why not that might be some fun.

CJ

N
nwkiller
that sound like an epic day , nice job on all the chrome

F
FishAssassin
That's some nice chrome! :clap:

O
OnTheFly
I just KNEW that 6wt had to be hurt'n.

L
lilsalmon
What an awesome feeling that is.....especially when your homemade egg pattern is hangin out of its mouth when it jumps right in front of you...what a rush.....

I have to admit my spinners and pole are sure feeling neglected right now...took it out today to get the dust OFF of it and sure was different....

I have to give Metalfisher a lot of the credit...he is great.

And thanks Bigsteel

M
metalfisher76
OnTheFly said:
I just KNEW that 6wt had to be hurt'n.

That pic was just for you man!

O
OnTheFly
metalfisher76 said:
That pic was just for you man!

lol:lol: Thanks for that. A picture can say a thousand words starting with HOLY....

T
Thuggin4Life
Those are all some nice fish and plenty to go around.

C
civicfun
looks like a lot of fun with a fly if you dont mind me asking where is that about i have been trying hook into one on a fly and i am new to the site. trout get boring on a fly.

N
nwkiller
civicfun said:
looks like a lot of fun with a fly if you dont mind me asking where is that about i have been trying hook into one on a fly and i am new to the site. trout get boring on a fly.

would you give up that spot?...lol j/j

O
OnTheFly
civicfun said:

WTF?

C
civicfun
what river? but i understand about secret honey holes. if its to good let other members fish it.