Wednesday at Lost Lake

S
snowrdr
Made it up to Lost Lake (above Spruce run park) today. Had a great time c&r'ing the fresh stockers. The hot fly pattern for me was a black crystal bugger with a small flashback pheasant tail on a 16" dropper. About 80% hit the dropper. Even caught 2 at one time, see pic... :D
Fished from first light to about 12:30 from my pontoon. Used my new Cortland clear camo intermediate fly line, works great! :cool:

Last edited by a moderator:
T
Thuggin4Life
Nice day out fishing. Nice pics.

M
Motorcycle Fred
I have never used a dropper......maybe its about time I learn how?

A good day of fishing is about as good as it gets.........

N
nwkiller
nice pics, weather was amazing every where. 2 at once that makes it twice as good of a day for you, nice work

G
GDBrown
That is one of my favorite places to go. Although it can be crowded at times. When it's not it is a very peaceful place to fish. Next time try a San Juan Worm on the dropper. I'll bet your catch rate will go up!!

T
troutmasta
How big where the majority of the stockers?? I was there a few weeks back and they were all smolt size.

S
snowrdr
troutmasta said:
How big where the majority of the stockers?? I was there a few weeks back and they were all smolt size.

There are new stockers from last week and this week, 10-12"

Last edited:
S
snowrdr
GDBrown said:
That is one of my favorite places to go. Although it can be crowded at times. When it's not it is a very peaceful place to fish. Next time try a San Juan Worm on the dropper. I'll bet your catch rate will go up!!

I've been there when it was crowded also, today was the peaceful kind of day.
I'll have to try a San Juan worm next time, today was non-stop action. I gave up counting how many I caught and released. :cool: