We want to catch some trout.

J
jburgess
I am thinking of taking my 8 year old son out to bank fish this coming weekend. Any recommended good spots with easy access. I have read the forums. Looks like possibly near boat ramp A..with garlic power bait? I know they have a stocking coming up on the 6h I believe but my son really wants to go now. Hoping we can catch some fish!

FISH ON!!!

Reactions: bigsteel
Gunga
Gunga
Sounds like a good choice to me! And when they do a stocking they stock on the week of the 6th. So it could be stocked any day that week.

W
wozniasm
Sain Creek Picnic Area is a good spot - next to Boat Ramp C.
Between there and the fishing dock.

M
minnowmagnet
Try Trillium

Try Trillium

Trillium had been stocked and was good last weekend. We limited on powereggs under bobbers. There are some brooders in there that would give your son a real good time. Not much further than Hagg lake from DT Portland. Good luck

C
chrisohm
jburgess said:
I am thinking of taking my 8 year old son out to bank fish this coming weekend. Any recommended good spots with easy access. I have read the forums. Looks like possibly near boat ramp A..with garlic power bait? I know they have a stocking coming up on the 6h I believe but my son really wants to go now. Hoping we can catch some fish!

FISH ON!!!

Search the forum for Hagg Lake bank locations. Someone posted a map not too long ago with great spots if memory serves me right.

J
jburgess
Thanks for the feedback. First time poster. I appreciate it. This forum rocks.

J
jburgess
Ok so we are heading to hagg tomorrow and give the trout a shout. Might throw a night crawler on one pole just to possibly get more action. May try sain creek between there and fishing pier. Looks like easy access. May move though if no action. we shall see..Ill post some results this weekend. !!

M
Masin
Try yellow garlic powerbait. We've been killing them this year on that stuff.

J
jburgess
I figured Id post a pic of a couple nice trout we bagged last sunday. Lost a couple but good times!!

W
wozniasm
jburgess said:
I figured Id post a pic of a couple nice trout we bagged last sunday. Lost a couple but good times!!

So where you'd end up catchin those?

J
jburgess
I ended up going on the Boat ramp A side. walked down the trail a bit. Got skunked at a spot further down the trail. Moved to a new spot on the trail and had some luck. Yellow garlic power bait. #12 hook I believe. I had a larger hook on and wasn't getting any hits.