Wave Walker rigged for fishing

troutdude
troutdude
One of the OFF'ers in Anatoliy's latest video was using a Wave Walker kayak. Here is you boob video of how one WW owner has his boat rigged for fishing.

I'd enjoy seeing any comments that any of you have about this set up...positive or otherwise.

Thanks.

YouTube - Rigged_W300_Wavewalk_Fishing_Kayak

O
OnTheFly
I like the simple practical design he has come up with. With a little imagination, resourcefulness and machanical skills, one could easily put together something to suite their needs. Ninja is one of these people and could probably put together something better. imo

H
Hook
Anyone know of a oregon store or Wa store that has the WW.

troutdude
troutdude
Maybe they'll have a dealer's list on their web site?

H
Hook
Figured it out!

M
markasd
cool lil setup he has there.. i really llike my 'toon tho... Ive seen some guys go outta PC with just kayaks rigged for fishing, pretty neat.. really like my 'toon tho!!

T
The Nothing
Where's his water pump?!? You would definitely need on if you tried to use that thing at Pacific City. Those guys in FL have no idea what waves are, and the WaveWalker is fine for that stuff.

The rigging is pretty similar to most other fishing kayaks though

troutdude
troutdude
The Nothing said:
Where's his water pump?!? You would definitely need on if you tried to use that thing at Pacific City. Those guys in FL have no idea what waves are, and the WaveWalker is fine for that stuff.

Good point. Maybe they don't mind drowing...but, I'd prefer a different method for checking out myself! LOL

troutdude
troutdude
markasd said:
cool lil setup he has there.. i really llike my 'toon tho... Ive seen some guys go outta PC with just kayaks rigged for fishing, pretty neat.. really like my 'toon tho!!

Yeah, I think I'd prefer a toon too. The seating is definitely lacking in a Wave Walker. Toons have a comfy looking seat, you can stand, have 2 oars, and are probably just as stable (but, please correct me if I'm wrong on anything).

H
Hook
You can also have oars on the WW, i really like this idea but not a fan of not seeing one in person before i buy it.
troutdude said:
Yeah, I think I'd prefer a toon too. The seating is definitely lacking in a Wave Walker. Toons have a comfy looking seat, you can stand, have 2 oars, and are probably just as stable (but, please correct me if I'm wrong on anything).