Waterloo?

R
ryguy
Thinking of hitting waterloo in the morning. Was wondering if anyone had any info on what to use and where to hit cause i never been there. well thanks in advance. ryan

M
Mike123
Uhm I wouldn't bother with Waterloo.. Pretty late in the season. They haven't recycled fish for a few weeks. Hit up church camp or dead line if you want to even have a chance.

R
ryguy
how to get to church camp?

how to get to church camp?

how do i get there from corvallis

M
Mike123
ryguy said:
how do i get there from corvallis

Just go to Sweet home. Turn left at the Foster dam. Go over dam.
Turn left. Follow road little ways down till you see the hatchery. Park. Go to dead line. Or... Pass by hatchery till you see the church sign then park in turn out in the the gravel parking lot. Follow signs that say "fisherman this way."

Sweet Home is up HWY. 20.

F
fishy4
when is a good time to go to waterloo? and what kind of fish inhabit that area?

M
Mike123
fishy4 said:
when is a good time to go to waterloo? and what kind of fish inhabit that area?

March through August. Steelhead, Trout, and Spring Chinook.

F
fishy4
what is the best bait to use? i went there yesterday and didn't even see any movement in the water.

M
Mike123
fishy4 said:
what is the best bait to use? i went there yesterday and didn't even see any movement in the water.

For what species? There are basically no steelhead and chinook worth trying for in there now.

F
fishy4
for trout. i was trying for them yesterday and didn't see any in the river

M
Mike123
I use flies and lures even though it's open for bait. I hate that they opened it for bait. There is a lot of REALLY nice Cutthroat in there. Below Waterloo bridge a ways down around the corner is full of cutts. Panther martin spnners and Size 3 Blue Fox or like spinner work well. You can keep fin clipped trout, but not the native cutthroat.

F
fishy4
can u walk to the area below the bridge?

M
Mike123
fishy4 said:
can u walk to the area below the bridge?

You may be able to do it. It will require some deep wading. I've done it before.
Best to just hop in a raft or boat. If you want to find good trout fishing, don't go to the obvious park areas and places where there is high fishing pressure.

F
fishy4
is the deep pool below the bridge any good? i dont need constant action. anything is fine by me