Waterloo Park

O
Orgwayne
Well got to Falls about 5:30 TO late ! 6 boats and guys across from the park , the park side of Falls had at least 8-10 people there, went up to upper end of park , and right off the bat the Son see fins !! OF coarse nothing biting, went back down below bridge ,nothing , got home about 11:30 . Will try again next week. Good luck Guys/Gals cause I ain,t got it !! yet
Wayne

Admin
Admin
I spent this afternoon there (as well as yesterday and the day before :)). A lot of people, a lot of snagged fish... :(

O
Outdoor_Myers
Well you guys got out and got to see some fish it seems like im good at dragging other people out to watch our bait drown lol keep it up and you'll get somethin!

S
Snagger
Anatoliy said:
I spent this afternoon there (as well as yesterday and the day before :)). A lot of people, a lot of snagged fish... :(

The holes there can get packed with fish. Best way to catch them when they don't bite is to hope you can floss one. Some days they bite some not.

Admin
Admin
Snagger that suggests to floss. Where did you come here from? And what for?

O
Outdoor_Myers
what is this flossing?

Admin
Admin
Here is what Wiki says:

Flossers are anglers who use the method of "bottom bouncing" to catch fish. Their catch is mainly from the salmon species.
Flossing is a controversial method, regarded by some as an unethical way of harvesting fish. It is also called "bottom bouncing", "snagging" or "ripping". The method employed uses leaders of between 10 and 25 feet (3 and 8 metres) with a 1 to 4 ounce (30 to 115 gram) lead weight called a "Bouncing Betty " (named after an infamously lethal landmine first used during World War 2). Due to angling regulations in British Columbia, Chile, Peru, and Argentina, hooks devoid of any dressing (whether artificial or organic) are illegal.
To work with this method, meat-fishermen often tie on long strands of green or orange wool or Corkies to their hooks. The technique of bottom bouncing is to position the long leader so that it flosses itself through the fish's mouth. The hook attached at the end of the leader then usually pierces the fish's mouth from the outside in as the weight pulls the line downstream. The fish is snagged in the mouth, this is considered by many to be unethical. Bottom bouncing is commonly practiced in the summer months on the Fraser River, when sockeye and chinook salmon run upstream to spawn.
Every year, numerous internet fishing forums are alight with flossing debates as the conflicting sides contest their view points.

M
Mike123
Snagger said:
The holes there can get packed with fish. Best way to catch them when they don't bite is to hope you can floss one. Some days they bite some not.

OH geese...

Yea the snaggers pretty much ruin the bite down there. they bite in the morning for a few hours until they get tired of line being ripped accross their backs.

I fished the day before yesterday. Didn't get my spot cause people were there at 3am. Fished all the water below the bridge all the way down to the far corner hole. Fish wouldn't touch any of the 100 different spinners I threw at them.
So I decided I'd take a few days off, wash my waders(they really were stinkin), and sort all my gear out. Found all kinds of stuff I didn't know I had!