Waterloo Park

O
Orgwayne
Got to below the falls at 600am , kind of cool 42 , 5 boats aready across the river , SO I took Kodiaks log area , threw a bunch of stuff , one light hit , the boats where throwing eggs, saw one on for a jump or two , then off, a couple minuters later another one on and landed, look like a nice one from my view. Left at 9:00 The insert of my tip fell out !. And didn,t bring another pole, I WILL FROM NOW ON !
Wayne

Admin
Admin
Maybe they don't lie when they say "forget about South Santiam, go to North Santiam"? :think:

S
SantiamDrifter
Maybe they don't lie when they say "forget about South Santiam, go to North Santiam"?

No No No If you want fish, stay on the south!

J
JeannaJigs
No no no go north!

M
Mike123
Orgwayne said:
Got to below the falls at 600am , kind of cool 42 , 5 boats aready across the river , SO I took Kodiaks log area , threw a bunch of stuff , one light hit , the boats where throwing eggs, saw one on for a jump or two , then off, a couple minuters later another one on and landed, look like a nice one from my view. Left at 9:00 The insert of my tip fell out !. And didn,t bring another pole, I WILL FROM NOW ON !
Wayne

Ahhh that was you down there throwing spinners eh? Me and my buddy were fishing Wilbur rock.. had one real good bite and that was it. Didn't even feel any fish movning through the hole. DEAD is an understatement. One fish landed till noon... Also DEAD at the Leb Dam. Think I'll stick to steelies for another week and save my bait. Really slow morning.

Truthfully, I think the next few trips I'll make the effort to drive to the North Fork.
I talked to a guy yesterday who said they were going to get the majority of the nooks this year. :(

J
jdflores311
I agree . . . North is where the fish are . . .

M
Mike123
I'm not just saying it cause I live here either. There really should be more fish around here. Last year this time we were slaying the fish and there were less fish over the falls, now there are more fish over the falls but less in the S. Sant. Hopefully things pick up soon.

O
Orgwayne
Who was loseing all the lures you or your buddie ? ,I was using mostley eggs and yarn, threw a lure for 10 mins or so . Talked to a guy in the park by the handicapped dock , and he said it is the slowest is,t been in a while
theres fish but where are they ?
Wayne

M
Mike123
Orgwayne said:
Who was loseing all the lures you or your buddie ? ,I was using mostley eggs and yarn, threw a lure for 10 mins or so . Talked to a guy in the park by the handicapped dock , and he said it is the slowest is,t been in a while
theres fish but where are they ?
Wayne

Wasn't using lures haha. I lost one leader and he lost some stuff a few times. Ya current is a bit much for spinners right now. lol. Unless you got a 2oz. banana weight above it.

R
RLK
All the reports I've heard are that 99.9% of the fish will be on the south. The bait of the year is supposed to be rolled bananna peel.

S
SantiamDrifter
RLK said:
All the reports I've heard are that 99.9% of the fish will be on the south. The bait of the year is supposed to be rolled bananna peel.

We've netted 4 summers within the last week with bananna's on the boat! I just rub some on my hooks and away we go. But all joking aside, the south has recycled over 900 summers already. I havent heard of them recycling any on the north. Go south.

R
RLK
About 35 were recycled. With the fish numbers the way they are both rivers should do really well this season. With five boats in the hole I'm sure glad I decided not togo. I can smell the bbq's already.
Buck urine works reall good too, but only on the south. Good luck everyone.

O
osmosis
do you chase the bucks around with a jar?

There are plenty of fish getting caught in the lower river, you're bound to have a fun year on both forks.

R
RLK
I ordered it from Dick's Sporting Goods.

S
sherretb
Fished from 7-8 am this morning.

6 boats lined up below the falls. several more headed down river.

Saw one nice nook caught.

troutdude
troutdude
The reports that I saw a few weeks ago, said that most of the fish are supposed to going up the South. Maybe they just don't smoke there banana peels like Donovan did in the 60's! LOL

X
xtremenorthwest
If anyone needs Fresh Sand Shrimp $2.50 per Doz, Cured Salmon Roe $6.00 8oz, $12.00 1Lbs. I Live near the South Santiam call me, I get the sand shrimp fresh almost every day. Any other bait call me 1-541-981-4449

troutdude
troutdude
Have you not read the forum rules? You have posted this under the wrong category. You need to list this under the "Sell" category. Thank you.

F
fishhunter
Thanks X I will be calling you ......Are you still curing up those uv eggs?

M
Mike123
Don't buy them from Waterloo or Two Bros... they are half dead and you get baby shrimp.. lol..

Here's Jeanna's shrimp from Two Bros... $3.00 for 9 1/2 shrimp... what a joke.
fish001.jpg