M
Moe
was it?

B
beaverfan
Call ODFW to find out.

B
beaverfan
If you haven't called yet, it has been stocked. Not sure which day but I just dropped by there for about an hour and landed 8 nice ones. This batch is real feisty, lots of gymnastics.

troutdude
troutdude
Yes, I just confirmed it by calling ODFW.

J
JKham
Whats the number to call so I can check on other places?

troutdude
troutdude
971-673-6000.

Press 2 for the weekly schedule.

Press 2 a second time, for that week's confirmations (i.e. hatchery reported actual stockings).

Good luck.

P.S. You can also do like I do. In January each year, I print out the complete schedules for 3 regions. Then, I plan where I want to go on a grid sheet. I know, I know...I am in serious need of a support group for recovery!!! LOL

N
n8r1
troutdude said:
P.S. You can also do like I do. In January each year, I print out the complete schedules for 3 regions. Then, I plan where I want to go on a grid sheet. I know, I know...I am in serious need of a support group for recovery!!! LOL

I do something similar, except I put all the stocking dates in my outlook calendar on my computer, which I sync to my iPhone with a reminder 3 days before they are supposed to stock. In the date reminder I put the amount of each size that they are going to be stocking that particular body of water with. Then my iPhone will go off a few days before they stock with a reminder and how many trout they are sticking in there! Let me know if you find that recovery/support group because I'll need to join too :D

J
JKham
n8r1 said:
I do something similar, except I put all the stocking dates in my outlook calendar on my computer, which I sync to my iPhone with a reminder 3 days before they are supposed to stock. In the date reminder I put the amount of each size that they are going to be stocking that particular body of water with. Then my iPhone will go off a few days before they stock with a reminder and how many trout they are sticking in there! Let me know if you find that recovery/support group because I'll need to join too :D

LOL you and Troutdude are hardcore! But I love it, I just wished I had a job that was more flexible so that I can have the time to fish more.

W
Walt
n8r1 said:

Nice idea. Made me realize that I should just take the stocking schedule and populate a Google Calendar. My phone will just pick it up automagically.

Heck, I might even make it public if I get around to doing it. :)

M
Max Buzz
Funny!

Funny!

My wife and I are in hysterics!

Anybody who gets into it that much deserves to catch some fish!

M
Max Buzz
BTW...Is Commonwealth Lake that body of water off of Butner Road (near Cedar Hills BLVD)? I think it used to be called Foothill Park. When I was a kid some 40 years ago that lake was pretty gross. I hope they've cleaned that up!

B
beaverfan
They sure did, in fact ODFW will NOT stock fish in water that is dangerous to people. If the water isn't safe to keep and eat the fish they won't put them in. They want and expect stocked fish to be caught and kept.

F
fishfor life
A fishing clinic for kids will be held this Saturday at Commonwealth Lake..

troutdude
troutdude
Uh hem..."My name is Troutdude, and I'm a fish aholic"! LOL :lol::lol:

I have only been skunked once in eight trout outings so far this year. But, you should see the ARSENAL that I bring. Everything but a Tommy Gun and a Sherman Tank! :whistle::whistle::whistle:

P.S. LilSalmon and BigSteel, can tell ya that I practically bring one of everything you'll find at Sportsman's Warehouse!

Last edited:
W
Walt