Want to start fishing the Jefferson Area

B
Big Hairy Dawg
Hi all, I just moved to jefferson and would like to start fishing the area, I'm free most evenings if anyone would like to team up with me and show me some spots or just fish what I know.

Big Hairy Dawg

B
bigfootfish
Bhd

Bhd

Until you meet up with some locals(try the Plantation Inn in Jefferson or Tom's Tavern) I'd download GoogleEarth for free, type in Jefferson, Or and study the pics. GoogleMaps is also cool, 'cause you can click over to maps from pics. Have a fishing reg book from the ODFW and...you have the main bridge over the mainstem Santiam at Jefferson. East towards Scio you have the North Santiam at Greens Bridge. There's the Bluffs downstream from Jefferson(head towards the freeway from Jefferson on 99e, due west, turn right about halfway to I-5, follow that road around a curve and you will climb up for a nice view of the mainstem. Park at the Bluff parking lot(if there's room) and go down the trail. Further downstream is the Santiam rest area on I-5. You can drive under the freeway there, park nearby the boatramp if you wish and fish up and down. Enjoy and goodluck! That's for starters.

BFF

Reactions: Old Cole
B
bigsteel
ive fished those places each have been good to me,,,,the north santiam is great too from lyons to idanhanand marion forks...let me know im up for fishin...

B
bigfootfish
Big Hairy Dog

Big Hairy Dog

BHD! Kodiak posted some good info on the Santiam, bank access and all.

BFF

T
tylermcclinton
i heard stayton pond is good, never been there but a friend told me about it that lives there.

M
michigan_transplant
boat ramp is easiest to fish. bluffs was good a while back supposedly but when i went there they had it shut down....whole bunch of no trespassing signs all over it. if you search the forum there is a thread where we discuss it.