want to get a bass

B

bigsteel

i was wondering what would be good lures or jigs for bass or should i go with bait....i have never bass fished but this is my year to get one....

C

colbypearson

what species of bass smallmouth or largemouth??

C

colbypearson

smallmouth would be a little simpler this time of year but ok do you have any idea on temperature where your going?

B

bigsteel

i would go for smallmouth too,,,,,i am thinkin th willamette river or molalla river,,maybe some of the ponds like st louis ponds

C

colbypearson

ummm depending on the water if its oer 40 degrees i would go there--tubes-jigs-shakeyheads are a few go to winter baits depending on where the fish are holding at, senko's are a good search bait to find the depth the fish are at

:D

K

kcm

I'd hold off awhile yet for lm bass fishing in the mid valley, especially in ponds. When the water temps hit the mid-50's it's a good time to catch a big pre-spawn female. It's often mid to late March in the Salem area, weather permitting.... Cold, wet weather screws it up, several days of warm sunny weather turns the bass on.

I like reaction baits for pre-spawn, spinnerbaits or a T-rigged plastic worm. They usually take the bait as soon as it hits the water or within the first few cranks of the reel.

B

bigsteel

thanks kcm,,,,ive seen those ponds right by john neal park,,,do those hold bass?

K

kcm

They do. They're not good ponds for numbers of bass (the bite is usually very slow), but they hold some big ones.
100_1438.jpg

T

Throbbit _Shane

Sweet lookin bass dude!! Im gonna start fishing for bass this year too. In the past if i caught one it was on accident lol.

C

colbypearson

They do. They're not good ponds for numbers of bass (the bite is usually very slow), but they hold some big ones.
100_1438.jpg

beauty what did she go on the scale ?

K

kcm

I didn't have a scale with me colby, but she was 24" long and 18" girth.

C

colbypearson

nice pig man thats awesome

H

Hawk

i was wondering what would be good lures or jigs for bass or should i go with bait....i have never bass fished but this is my year to get one....

In the Spring i've caught (c&r) bass using Rapala or Rebel diving & shallow diving lures with features like a baby bass, perch, bluegill, trout, shad, etc.

Good Luck BRO.

:D:D:D

:cool:

1bigfish

I can take you out and get you into some bass.

PM sent

A

AnglerWise.com

Temperature would definitely play a role in bass fishing. I would get out on the lake or river anyway, because a bad day of fishing is better than a good day of work.:D

Also, If you have a kayak or a canoe, you can try this cool technique:

Cool Technique For Catching Bass

It's a video, Enjoy.

C

colbypearson

Temperature would definitely play a role in bass fishing. I would get out on the lake or river anyway, because a bad day of fishing is better than a good day of work.:D

Also, If you have a kayak or a canoe, you can try this cool technique:

Cool Technique For Catching Bass

It's a video, Enjoy.

definitely an insane technique its in florida im skepticle about it working here but you never know

Top Bottom