Want to catch a fish worth $1 million?

E

eat, sleep, fish

ODFW News

Two popular Oregon fishing destinations will have an added attraction for anglers over the next two months – the possibility of landing a fish worth $1 million.

Henry Hagg Lake in Washington County and Detroit Lake in Marion County are among 65 bodies of water nationwide that have been chosen for inclusion in the “want to Go Fishing for Millions” contest sponsored by Cabella’s, Outdoor Channel, and fish and wildlife agencies from approximately 20 states.

Would be awesome to see an OFF'er catch it.

C

colbypearson

I wish they would do it in a SO-ORE lake!

C

colbypearson

they need to throw one in the expo LOL

E

eat, sleep, fish

That would be awesome, although someone would probably eat it without ever knowing it was a tagged fish.

C

colbypearson

That would be awesome, although someone would probably eat it without ever knowing it was a tagged fish.

I would catch it before that lol!

T

TTFishon

I'm glad they're not doing it in any of the places I fish. Just what I need....more peeps fishing my holes for all the wrong reasons.....money.

C

colbypearson

brandon4455

brandon4455

they are probably gunna get caught during the detroit trout derby LOL. ill probably give it a go once. not gunna go ccrazy trying for it though.

Last edited:
troutdude

troutdude

Yep, there's 15 trout going into Detroit w/ those tags...along w/ the 15 bass into Hagg. Extra reasons to go to the derby.

Ummm, wait a minute. The Derby site is confusing. Was the derby last weekend, or did it start today?

Last edited:
G

GDBrown

Yep, there's 15 trout going into Detroit w/ those tags...along w/ the 15 bass into Hagg. Extra reasons to go to the derby.

Are you sure they only tagged Bass in Hagg, because I don't know how to catch Bass..... Well I don't know how to catch anything really, I just get lucky sometimes. I'm going back to fly fishing at least I know how to do that kind of fishing even if I'm not very good. It's way more fun!

brandon4455

brandon4455

i believe it starts on the 14th ends on the 17th

troutdude

troutdude

Are you sure they only tagged Bass in Hagg, because I don't know how to catch Bass..... Well I don't know how to catch anything really, I just get lucky sometimes. I'm going back to fly fishing at least I know how to do that kind of fishing even if I'm not very good. It's way more fun!

Yes sir; only bass in Hagg. Here is the OFFIcial ODFW press release:

ODFW News

L

lilsalmon

Brandon, why would the derby run through next Tuesday?

The derby doesn't run through tuesday but, to my understanding, should you catch one of the tagged derby fish it is still good through tuesday the 17th and you still get whatever it is worth....the fish that were put in by ODFW, Cabella's and the Outdoor Channel are not the same ones put in for the derby....just sayin.......

G

GraphiteZen

Would be awesome to see an OFF'er catch it.

What would be even more awesome to see would be any person catch it and not get shot on site and robbed. Much like a superbowl kickoff return into a fumble only with guns and sticks.

IMO, not the wisest thing ODFW has done.

L

lilsalmon

What would be even more awesome to see would be any person catch it and not get shot on site and robbed. Much like a superbowl kickoff return into a fumble only with guns and sticks.

Never thought about that....thats one fish you don't yell out MILLION DOLLAR FISH ON!!!!!

C

chris61182

It's my understanding the tag is just a serial number, and you don't find out what the prize is until enter the number on the cabelas page. At least that's what my quick browse of their page last night led me to believe.

G

GraphiteZen

It's my understanding the tag is just a serial number, and you don't find out what the prize is until enter the number on the cabelas page. At least that's what my quick browse of their page last night led me to believe.

Ahhh... I should have looked into it a little more. ;)

Top Bottom