Want info on GoPro!

EOBOY
EOBOY
I'm thinking about buying a GoPro and wonder what one will get the job done for me. My big question is how much do you have to pay for the soft ware and such? Do they sell everything separately or are there kits? Their web site is not very clear. Also are they water proof or only when they are in a water proof case which I have heard wont let you record sound?

EOBOY

C
cabinetguy
cabinetguy

cabinetguy

I'm on my second gopro silver. When you buy one, learn and use it a lot, and hope you can return it at store within 30 days with problems, if your gieger counter can't get through to gopro support. Most cashier jockeys aren't to up on what th (allot lots of time for that adventure.... sort of like calling the I R S.).You need to go to shopgopro.com/accessoriesfor for a big chunk of info and accessories. Gopro app and gopro studio are free.... the accessories are spendy and havn't found there to be any bargans. Don't use any memory card but 64 gb LEXAR. Cheapo mem. cards have something to do with "I ain't gonna work ,so I'm not gonna let you unlock me". So far everything is cool with no. 2. Great camera, but you do have to learn the system. Haven't tried under water yet since to use the screen you'll use the open door cover and I suppose all settings will have to be dialed in before dunking with the control buttons.:) I'm old so getting SCHMARTER is a challenge.Good luck!

rogerdodger
rogerdodger
I have a pair of GoPRO Hero2 cameras, simple and easy to use, 2 buttons, one scrolls you through stuff, the other selects stuff, never had to update the software, not sure I ever looked at any of the instructions that came with them, just plugged in an SD card and battery and started taking pictures/videos...wait I did look something up in the manual, I wanted to flip the video image over so when I stuck the camera underwater upside down, the video would be right side up, easy to set it for that once I checked on how to do it...cheers, roger

EOBOY
EOBOY
cabinetguy said:
I'm on my second gopro silver. When you buy one, learn and use it a lot, and hope you can return it at store within 30 days with problems, if your gieger counter can't get through to gopro support. Most cashier jockeys aren't to up on what th (allot lots of time for that adventure.... sort of like calling the I R S.).You need to go to shopgopro.com/accessoriesfor for a big chunk of info and accessories. Gopro app and gopro studio are free.... the accessories are spendy and havn't found there to be any bargans. Don't use any memory card but 64 gb LEXAR. Cheapo mem. cards have something to do with "I ain't gonna work ,so I'm not gonna let you unlock me". So far everything is cool with no. 2. Great camera, but you do have to learn the system. Haven't tried under water yet since to use the screen you'll use the open door cover and I suppose all settings will have to be dialed in before dunking with the control buttons.:) I'm old so getting SCHMARTER is a challenge.Good luck!

Well I'm old too so I understand. Thanks for the info I kind of got the idea they made their money on the extras.

EOBOY
EOBOY
thanks Roger I bought a camera last year and lost it first time out. Plan on doing things dif. this time.

bass
bass
EOBOY said:
thanks Roger I bought a camera last year and lost it first time out. Plan on doing things dif. this time.

Are you going to wait until the second time out :)

C
cpeaslee
EOBOY said:
I'm thinking about buying a GoPro and wonder what one will get the job done for me. My big question is how much do you have to pay for the soft ware and such? Do they sell everything separately or are there kits? Their web site is not very clear. Also are they water proof or only when they are in a water proof case which I have heard wont let you record sound?

EOBOY
Are you set on a Go Pro, or are you interested in other brands?