want bass in winter

M
mruglystick
Hi everyone Im new to this site and would like to know where some bass spots are in the winter I live on the south umpqua which is awsome in the summer and fall but its torture to have to wait. I dont have a boat but I dont mind a hike.Ive done kokees and trout at galesville with good sucsess.Not much luck at Ben Irving accept bluegill. I shouldn't complain being blessed with the umpqua and its year round fishing with steelhead in the winter and bass in the summer. But I can't get bass fishing out of my head, someone help!!!!!

H
Hawk
mruglystick said:
Hi everyone Im new to this site and would like to know where some bass spots are in the winter I live on the south umpqua which is awsome in the summer and fall but its torture to have to wait. I dont have a boat but I dont mind a hike.Ive done kokees and trout at galesville with good sucsess.Not much luck at Ben Irving accept bluegill. I shouldn't complain being blessed with the umpqua and its year round fishing with steelhead in the winter and bass in the summer. But I can't get bass fishing out of my head, someone help!!!!!

Welcome to the Familia Brother mruglystick......................:D

DO u C&R Bass Bro ???.............Especially the large bass???.......You kin git a bass or two now but normally the water temp fer good strikes iz...50 & above.

I've been fortunate to C&R BASS fer over ten lustrums.............................................:D:D:D:D:D.........................:cool::cool::cool::cool::cool:

catch & release a Big'UN Lunker....................................:lol::lol::lol:

M
mruglystick
I do catch and release on bass, Ive caught some nice ones that where keepers but not my fav fish anyway, atleast to eat. But i keep trout and ocean rockfish. Toss emm in the little chief, better then candy.

GraphiteZen
GraphiteZen
mruglystick said:
I do catch and release on bass, Ive caught some nice ones that where keepers but not my fav fish anyway, atleast to eat. But i keep trout and ocean rockfish. Toss emm in the little chief, better then candy.

What is your brine for Rockfish? I tried to smoke some blacks and they were AWFUL!!!

H
Hawk
We usually deepfry catfish fillets, whole crappie (sometimes filleted), & sometimes 12"-14" striped bass fillets. We use Golden Dipt beer batter fry mix............YUM...also make some fried taters & onions, cole slaw, & cornbread.............YUM

McCormick & Co makes it................................:D:D:D

Bon Appetit............................:lol::lol:

M
mruglystick
I soak rockfish in water with some worchsire sauce, garlicpowder, and use some sauce called Rooster its a very spicy chinese red sauce, maybe some onion powder, but what matters to me isn't the brine its more the chips, and I like apple flavored.Also some brown sugar. I like tat combo because its sweet at first with a little spicy kick for after taste. But I like trying new things, if anybody has a good recipe let me know.

G
gjb_horst
Hello

Hello

Hello everybody im very new to this sight i do quite a bit of sturgeon fishing when i can and im trying to get more experienced bass fishing i like the fight of a largemouth so if anyones got some advise i could use it thanx

R
RIVERFISHER
gjb_horst said:
Hello everybody im very new to this sight i do quite a bit of sturgeon fishing when i can and im trying to get more experienced bass fishing i like the fight of a largemouth so if anyones got some advise i could use it thanx

well my advice is fish ponds.... but dont tell anyone else...i got picks up of some bass i just caught last week.

G
gjb_horst
if u don t mind me asking which places are good to go? ive been to ballenger but no luck, not sure if thats a good spot. what do u guys use?

R
RIVERFISHER
gjb_horst said:
if u don t mind me asking which places are good to go? ive been to ballenger but no luck, not sure if thats a good spot. what do u guys use?

anything and everything is what i use....ballenger is good if u can boat around it.....i get a lot in the flats wre its shallow to the right.. theres a little cove over there thats packed with bass all along the bank in that thing...and any other pond u can see to fish.. i do a lot of creswell and delta ponds.. thats were i get my bigger ones.. kinfda got to stick to worms and plastics there mostly tho.. u can jigg it or spinner but a lot of weeds....if you see 2 guys in a boat out at delta its most likely me and a friend.. no one ever boats it just fishes from bank...if u see us out there ask for me and if we dont have a 3rd in the boat u are welcome to join...o ya if u do come down pack a life jacket:)

G
gjb_horst
well thanks for the info i might have to take u up on that offer sometime