Walterville Reservior

B
Banjo
Has anyone tried Walterville Reservior in the Mckenzie Valley by the town of Walterville?

T
TTFishon
Banjo said:
Has anyone tried Walterville Reservior in the Mckenzie Valley by the town of Walterville?

Yes. Not lately though. Are you looking for info?

B
Banjo
Walterville

Walterville

TTFishon said:
Yes. Not lately though. Are you looking for info?

Yeah, is there a boat ramp? I hear it's pretty shallow, what's in there and what works for catching them?

Troutski
Troutski
Walked the dog...

Walked the dog...

I walk my dog there, but never fished it. I did hear that in years past ODFW did stock the pond with Trout...how long ago, not sure. But a hold over is normally a nicer fish. Give it a try...you never know.

Chuck

T
thepreditor
Yeah they quit stocking it. Theres a gate before you get there so you would have to carry a boat 30-50 yds. We use to fish it 5-6 years ago havent been there since.

T
Thuggin4Life
not sure about trout but there is bass and catfish and maybe bluegill . you could carry a small boat or raft in or use waders to get out away from the bank.

S
scottishsmokedsalmon
tried it once using spinners....weeds every cast.
the canal looks better,but its catch and release only.

Troutski
Troutski
Try below the pond...

Try below the pond...

scottishsmokedsalmon said:
tried it once using spinners....weeds every cast.
the canal looks better,but its catch and release only.

You should try below the pond, that water leads back to the Mac, and can be very effective with patients and stealth. Check it out, you will be pleasantly surprised... one of the few places you can eat what bait you don't use on those resident fish...:think:

Chuck