Walter Wirth?

R
rainbowfisherman
Anybody been out there lately??

A
autofisher
I've been out there a couple times in the last couple of weeks. Saw one brooder swimming close to the bank, but no fish being caught. They're starting the regular stocking of it, about 1700 -2200 a month. I don't know the link off the top of my head but on the ODFW stocking schedules they tell you what week they'll be stocking. I know that they did just stock it last week. I might have to take Sharkbait out there and see if we can get him a fish on his Spiderman Fishin Pole

R
rainbowfisherman
I'll probley give it a try soon.

A
autofisher
I might be out there Tuesday or Wednesday. Depends on if a buddy of mine wants to go.

D
Drew9870
A buddy and I were out yesterday, It was rainy and windy of course, but I caught 4 decent trout, the smallest being 11 inches up to 14 caught on worms, just sitting on bottom with enough weight to hold, and kinda ''dropshotting'' a half a worm, just bouncing it off the bottom slowly and lightly. Think of the trout like bass, but with bait, light gear, and slooow action lol ;)

I'll be in the yellow rain coat with the backpack and two poles, I'll probably also have a buddy with me.

R
rainbowfisherman
Good luck to everyone

A
autofisher
I think if I head out there this week, I'm going to bring my fly rod so I can practice and see what all I can do. It'll be my first time breaking it out and using it....can we say HEADS UP!!!!

18406ej
18406ej
I have had a lot of luck there with dry flies...my best was 13 trout in about an hour and a half. You will have to let us know how you do. Good luck

Y
yakker2
electric motors

electric motors

OSMB says you can use electric motor:),ODFW says nonmotoried boats:(.which is correct.

A
autofisher
I would stick with the non motorized. They usually don't mess around.

R
rainbowfisherman
E.J., when you cought your fish on a dry flie were there other fish rising? Or were they just going for your fly? Im guessing it was a caddis because that seems to be a popular pond dry fly. Let me Know.

-Thanks
Rainbowfisherman

18406ej
18406ej
Rainbowfisherman:

No, there were no fish seen rising, but it was a very rainy day, so I guess they could have been rising without my seeing it. I wish I could tell you the fly name, but I am not that proficient in fly fishing yet (I only use the bubble and fly method with my spinning rod). I do know that it was light tan and brown with a narrow waist, and that they are the most common fly that one sees at the stores. I was casting out about 30', and reeling in at a moderate pace. It was a great morning, but of course nobody else was nearby to be amazed at my skill.

R
rainbowfisherman
would guess it was a caddis then. Ill hopefully be out friday or somtime this week if theres a break in the weather.

A
autofisher
I was out there today with my son and mother. We saw a couple fish caught, but none of them were on our line. I didn't spend too much time on the water, as a gentleman was there and helped me out a ton with my first time attempting fly fishing.
I'll probably be out there the next couple of days....either there or down at Walling. I'll be the guy with the little dinky pole in the water, practicing my fly casting off to the side.

A
autofisher
Went out again today, feeling frustrated with this gigantic skunk that's been following me around. FluffyFisherman and I hit the water around 8am. I missed three strikes. I felt pretty dumb missing them too. I just wasn't paying attention. Then Fluffy gets a strike and drills a nice 14 inch trout with his mighty mini rod. Seriously.... this thing's like 4 feet long. BOOM!! His skunk is gone. :clap: So we sat there and sat there doing what we do. About Noon the ODFW truck shows up with a stock of brooders. About a half an hour later, people's lines were going crazy all over the lake. It was nuts. Problem was, none of them were biting my line. I tied on a TCO green Inferno and let it fly. I started getting frustrated with everyone else getting into something.... then BAM!... My little dinky pole doubles over and away I go. Got me a nice 25 inch brooder. I know some of you don't like the brooders and what not, but after the last couple of months, my wife would've killed me if I didn't bring home a fish. So here's the pics from todays catch.

Raincatcher
Raincatcher
It's OFFicial

It's OFFicial

YaaaaaHooooo! :dance: Congrats,you guys!! :clap::clap: It's about time that skunk got kilt! :yay::yay::yay:

B
bigsteel
nice fish MIke:dance::dance::dance:now to get one on the fly rod

A
autofisher
bigsteel said:
nice fish MIke:dance::dance::dance:now to get one on the fly rod

I actually tried with my 8wt, but I forgot to get some leader line last night while I was at the store. That and I need to learn how to tie a good nail not. Or just buy the tool for it.

R
rainbowfisherman
Great fish! Were there any other smaller fish put into the lake?

B
beaverfan
Way to kill the skunk that's been following us everywhere. I really thought we were going to need to check into the fish rehab at Horning's Hideout. (trout farm) Now that's left is me killing my skunk, that comes tomorrow.