Walter Wirth Saturday 12/19

L
LJSHYE
Had an outstanding day at Walter Wirth on Saturday. I was able to limit, while my uncle and dad caught 4 and one respectively. Thay were all nice fat little rainbows. Much larger and fatter than I am used to seeing with stockers. Is this what I can expect at WW normally?

Was anybody else out there on that day? I did talk with a couple of older Russian fellows and a hispanic gentleman while I was there, shared some of my power eggs with them.

Also I had a funny happen. Lost a nice fish trying to put it on the stringer, took quite a fribbing on that one.

L
LJSHYE
By the way...

By the way...

I am planning on heading out on Saturday the 26th as well, maybe I will see someone there...

L
LJSHYE
By the way 2...

By the way 2...

I will be the one in the black jacket and the red folding camp chair. Pro'lly be two other gentlemen with me as well...

Raincatcher
Raincatcher
WW is a fun spot

WW is a fun spot

Sounds like maybe I should give WW another try. Haven't been there since last year. Have fun out there,just leave a few fatties behind. ;)

L
lilsalmon
I was there on Sunday before the sun came up...got my first Wirth trout....12.5 inches, small by certain standards but I was way excited....damn, wonder what I will do when I get my first Steelie.....:dance:

L
lilsalmon
Has anybody heard about the cables cut to the grate that separates Wirth from the river........my brother was there and a guy told him that and that the fish from the lake went into the little stream there and salmon have been caught in the lake......i would go to snopes.com but for some reason I feel that information wouldnt be there :D ....just curious...

J
juggernaut506
Does Mill Creek even get a return of salmon anymore? I know they did 20 years ago when they used to plant them there.

B
bigsteel
yes you can watch them spawn downtown by i think its pringle plaza

R
rainbowfisherman
I used my float tube there a couple of days ago. No fish. Trolled a wooly bugger. Anyone do better?

L
LJSHYE
Slowing down

Slowing down

Looks like it is slowing down. Don't know when the next plant is either, the 2010 schedule isn't posted on the ODFW page yet. When iyt does get planted, I'll be there the following weekend.

Is it just me? The planters at Wirth seem bigger than I am used to...

L
lilsalmon
I was told Wirth was stocked yesterday with "legal and brooders"....not sure of my source but thats what I was told. gonna try it and maybe Huddleston today. Have fun everybody