Walter Wirth carp?

D
Drew9870
I was wondering if anyone has ever spotted, caught or watched someone else catch a Carp from Walter Wirth. My uncle has caught one many years ago, he has a picture of it, but I want to know if theres actually a decent enough population to land a few, looks like it could even hold a couple Koi's. I know it holds Suckerfish, I got a big one early this year on Sherbert Powerbait.

I wouldn't feel like I fit in very well carrying a 12 foot rod around Wirth :lol:

M
Mattdm22
I have no idea about Walter Wirth but Bluegill Lake on the otherside of the bridge there has some big carp in it. Finding bank might be a problem unless ya bushwhack though.

J
JeepsAreBuilt
I believe they stock that lake with rainbow trout. I caught a couple trout years back out of that lake.. but nothing big

M
Metz84
JeepsAreBuilt said:
I believe they stock that lake with rainbow trout. I caught a couple trout years back out of that lake.. but nothing big

There is more than just trout in this lake... Ive caught trout, bullhead catfish, bass, bluegill and crawdads. Considering the conditions of the lake, I wouldnt be surprised if there were some carp in their.

M
Metz84
Was there last night and to answer your question about carp yes there are carp in Walter Wirth. My brother and I saw a dead carp on the bank last night.