Wallowa Lake

joesnuffy

Is Wallowa Lake fishable this time of year? I'd like to take the kayak over and do some trolling around for trout and Kokanee.

O. mykiss

I lived in Enterprise for two years and this was my favorite time of year to fish. I always fished on the south end of the lake near the entrance of the wallowa river in 5-30the feet of water. I did not troll, fish are not that active this time if year with water temps sometimes dipping below 40 degrees. I like floating whole night crawlers with a 3' leader off if the bottom. I used a worm blower and it worked well. Orange power bait also was a producer. Good luck, I have caught some dandies out of there!

JeannaJigs

What the heck is a worm blower?!

I have only fished this lake in the dead of summer so I don't know about fishing it now, but it's one heck of a great lake to be on.

TTFishon

What the heck is a worm blower?!

I have only fished this lake in the dead of summer so I don't know about fishing it now, but it's one heck of a great lake to be on.
A worm blower blows air into the worm. A syringe will work too which is what a worm blower basically is.

You can also get the same effect by using a corkie. One of the best tips for still fishing a friend gave me was to use shrimp oil... sometimes it is really effective.

Top Bottom