Wallowa Lake

G
GerbilManBoa
Is there any good fishing here?

N
Ntofishing
Never been there but I think there are some good angling possibilities. He He!!

Wallowa Lake

Reactions: Stinkifishi
S
Stinkifishi
The last time I fished there... oh about 35 years ago... I was catching HUGE Yellowfin Cocaine.. (may not be spelled right).

I do remember the Cocaine... A few of them down your gullet and you don't worry about the rest of the day!

Dunno how the fishing is today. I doubt our glorious and wonderful Fish and Game stocks there anymore. They don't do **it anymore (IMO). :mad:

Stinki

G
GerbilManBoa
Stinkifishi said:
The last time I fished there... oh about 35 years ago... I was catching HUGE Yellowfin Cocaine.. (may not be spelled right).

I do remember the Cocaine... A few of them down your gullet and you don't worry about the rest of the day!

Dunno how the fishing is today. I doubt our glorious and wonderful Fish and Game stocks there anymore. They don't do **it anymore (IMO). :mad:

Stinki

The correct spelling is "Kokanee".

Is Kokanee land locked sockeye or is it just land locked salmon in general?

N
n8r1
Kokanee are what my grandpa and I used to catch together when I was a kid.

Cocaine is what Lindsay Lohan does right before a stint in the State Penn...:D

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm 99% sure that Kokanee are landlocked Sockeye only. There are landlocked Chinook but they are called just that. Not sure if there are landlocked chum or coho.

B
Brookiebuster
Just to inform you, Wallowa Lake is a great place to fish. The world record kokanee was taken from there this last year. Kokanee have been running good size. Also rainbows and lake trout available.

N
Ntofishing
n8r1 said:
Kokanee are what my grandpa and I used to catch together when I was a kid.

Cocaine is what Lindsay Lohan does right before a stint in the State Penn...:D

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm 99% sure that Kokanee are landlocked Sockeye only. There are landlocked Chinook but they are called just that. Not sure if there are landlocked chum or coho.

That is some pretty funny stuff right there. ROFL!! Maybe Lindsay is a fisherman at heart and just got confused trying to catch that yellow finned cocaine????

E
eggs
I just can't keep this cocaine from Wallowa Lake out of my nose! I am making a trip back over there to troll for some more kilo's of cocaine this weekend.. do you think they are down about 100' - 150'?? :)

N
Ntofishing
eggs said:
I just can't keep this cocaine from Wallowa Lake out of my nose! I am making a trip back over there to troll for some more kilo's of cocaine this weekend.. do you think they are down about 100' - 150'?? :)

LOL!!! They should be HIGHER than that this time of year.

C
capblack
i can't stop laughing, and i need to hit the sack soon. im definitely gonna have to check wallowa out sometime. sounds like some high times

E
eggs
Lake starts a couple thousand feet above sea level and only gets highr the longer you are there!

G
GerbilManBoa
I can't stop laughing! And since when did this turn into a joke fest???

brandon4455
brandon4455
stinkifishi said:
the last time i fished there... Oh about 35 years ago... I was catching huge yellowfin cocaine.. (may not be spelled right).

I do remember the cocaine... A few of them down your gullet and you don't worry about the rest of the day!

Dunno how the fishing is today. I doubt our glorious and wonderful fish and game stocks there anymore. They don't do **it anymore (imo). :mad:

Stinki

lol?

O
OnTheFly
I think there is a little misinterpretation going on here. Stinki had it correct from the GetGo. The yellow fin cocaine is a very sought after species of fish however there are many strict regulations regarding them. For instance, you cannot fish, possess or sell them in any way shape or form. It is not even advisable to mention the fish by name in public. Through certain channels, you may fish for them and they are a blast! But be aware it is highly addicting!

S
Stinkifishi
OnTheFly said:
I think there is a little misinterpretation going on here. Stinki had it correct from the GetGo. The yellow fin cocaine is a very sought after species of fish however there are many strict regulations regarding them. For instance, you cannot fish, possess or sell them in any way shape or form. It is not even advisable to mention the fish by name in public. Through certain channels, you may fish for them and they are a blast! But be aware it is highly addicting!

So that's why I couldn't get them on an airplane! Makes sense now. I tried to take some to my cousin Cletis but those TSA guys found my Cocaine fish.
I tried to say "Don't touch my Yellow-Fin Junk Bro", but all that got me was a body-cavity search.

Not much fun.

And yes they are addicting... Maybe we should get together and try to complete my idea of a Yellow-Fin Cocaine Hooka.

SJ

O
OnTheFly
Stinkifishi said:
So that's why I couldn't get them on an airplane! Makes sense now. I tried to take some to my cousin Cletis but those TSA guys found my Cocaine fish.
I tried to say "Don't touch my Yellow-Fin Junk Bro", but all that got me was a body-cavity search.

Not much fun.

And yes they are addicting... Maybe we should get together and try to complete my idea of a Yellow-Fin Cocaine Hooka.

SJ

That would be fine. Sorry about the cavity search. I hate it when that happens.

B
bigsteel
I think i saw keith richards on the wallowa last weekend:think:

G
GDBrown
bigsteel said:

Was he using that new lure, Oxifin? I hear it's made with cotton.

O
OnTheFly
bigsteel said:
OUCH!!! I just fell off my chair lmao!!

S
Stinkifishi
GDBrown said:
Was he using that new lure, Oxifin? I hear it's made with cotton.

It may have also been a Vicofin fly?
Maybe a Percoset-'em - 'buzz'-bait?

:D

______

Thanks for everyone's reply... obviously all a joke, but you have to shake things up once in a while.

And thanks for the great forum! A friend of mine on here turned me onto it.
It's VERY nice to have an active local forum so we can sit around and shoot the bull, especially in the off-season.

SJ

Reactions: Ntofishing