Walleye in Foster Lake.

E
espencer757
Just got a call from a good friend. I told him that I caught a couple of yellow perch in Foster, he was excited. He and his son went there this morning in hopes of catching a bunch. He said as they were fishing, his son hooked what he figured was a bad or large trout, but to his surprise, when they netted it, they got a 15 inch perch. But as he took it out of the net, he got nailed by some very large and sharp teeth. Once he looked at it he determined his son had caught a walleye! I asked him to send me a picture, but he said he didn't take one. He wasn't sure way to do. He didn't have his rule book with him, and he left the smart phone in the truck so he couldn't look up the rules. He put the fish back in the water.
Has anyone ever heard of walleye in Foster? And if they are there and you catch one, can you keep it?
Bill said he has never seen a walleye except for TV and fishing mags, but he is sure that's what it was. He's a pretty straight shooter, so I don't think he's yanking my chain.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Last edited by a moderator:
E
espencer757
Oh, he said they caught 7 8 to 10 inch perch and 3 trout.

Shaun Solomon
Shaun Solomon
I don't know, but walleye are fun to catch and tasty, so it works just fine for me.

Yeah, they are bad for salmon, but so are dams, and the former would not be there without the latter.

We should embrace the suck.

Any recent walleye encounters at Lookout?

SS

GungasUncle
GungasUncle
Covered under general regs if it's not explicitly listed by body of water - so in Foster the general regs would say he could keep the fish. General regs say no limit on numbers, no size limits. Probably even be safe to eat out of Foster :)

troutdude
troutdude
Have never heard of, any Wally's in Foster. You could call Dan Dee Sporting Goods, in Sweet Home. They would know; as fisherpeeps stop in there everyday.

E
espencer757
Ok guys, Bill texted me today. He said he and his son got on their computer what they got home to see if they could find the fish. Turns out, he believes it was not a walleye after all. He is thinking it was a pikeminow. I asked about the teeth, pikeminow have no teeth. His said that he thinks he may have shivered his thumb into the hook and just imagined it was the fish biting him. Thanks for the input, but I think we may have jumped the gun on that one. Btw, Bill is from Oklahoma, and he has never been big on fishing. His son is 8, and he is now trying to spend some extra time with him. He thought fishing was the way to go. The jury is still out, but his son did not like the cold, and was very, very restless. Hey, he's 8, that's the way it is.

Shaun Solomon
Shaun Solomon
I could hang when I was eight. Just sayin'. :thumb:

C
Combat Chuck
Walleye have been reported in Foster several times. On every occasion that I am aware of, they ended up being pikeminnow. :D good eating right there! hahaha