Walla Walla River

J
joesnuffy
Anybody ever fish the Walla Walla River this time of year? I'm headed over this weekend to fish with the Stepdad. I've only fished it once before. X-mas Eve of last year we tried to do some steelheading (early) and I managed to hook this with my #8.

2194760109_d0dcac7fac.jpg

Troutski
Troutski
Very nice fish..........very nice.

Chuck

J
joesnuffy
that was my first Bull Trout. Even more excited that I was fly fishing to get it. Hope I can find something simular when i head over there this weekend.

Troutski
Troutski
Fly pattern

Fly pattern

joesnuffy said:
that was my first Bull Trout. Even more excited that I was fly fishing to get it. Hope I can find something simular when i head over there this weekend.

You should send a pm to Mokai and ask him about his special BullTrout Flies...he is pretty famous around these parts.

Chuck

F
FishSchooler
Beautiful fish, wonderful... :)

J
joesnuffy
fished the WallaWalla today.. No big fish like the previous one.

90% caught on #16 black beadhead nymphs. Smaller fish but a few over 12"

I'm thinking that the rain may have not helped too much. Oh well. there is always next time. :p

F
FishSchooler
What kind of fish? Bull trouts?

J
joesnuffy
Do to most of the fishes ages, it's kinda hard to tell the differance between Brook Trout and Bull Trout. I'm pretty sure we caught some of each species though. We did catch a quite a few Rainbows. I'll throw up a couple photos later on.

F
FishSchooler
Brookies always make me think they are in the navy cause they have blue rings with red in the middle... :lol: