Waldo Lake, Beauty and the Feast!

Y
yellowjacket
Went to Waldo Lake last weekend. The mosquitos are still out in huge numbers. There are still snow patches in the woods especially on the south side. Couldn't stand in one spot long enough to cast. Went through 3 bottles of 100% Deet in one day, barely kept them off any exposed flesh. :shock: Were only 3 campers in each of the campgrounds and I know why now. Rode the Lake Loop Trail on my bike, 90% of the trail is not close to the shoreline but there are some nice view points. Was even hard to take pictures with the cloud of skeeters that would form around my head. I had to retouch to get the skeeters out of the pics, looked like squadrons of Cessnas in the air. Post the views for Y'all. Got the snow capped Sisters but I'm here to tell yuh I'll never go to Waldo before Labor Day when the skeeters have subsided :clap:

Last edited by a moderator:
Troutski
Troutski
Great place...

Great place...

I have a very warm spot in my heart for that Lake, not to mention a warm spot in my stomach for the Brookies. Thanks for the up date on the skeeters, hopefully they are full for the time being, I am going up next weekend. Thanks for the pictures also...nice views.

Chuck

I had to sneak in the picture...

Y
yellowjacket
One of a very few...

One of a very few...

Troutski said:
I have a very warm spot in my heart for that Lake, not to mention a warm spot in my stomach for the Brookies. Thanks for the up date on the skeeters, hopefully they are full for the time being, I am going up next weekend. Thanks for the pictures also...nice views.

Chuck

I had to sneak in the picture...

Definitely a special place. Water color is amazing. You day tripping or going camping? Yeah, tease me with a picture of a beauty of a brookie!! I'll get mine too, but most likely not till early fall. Hmmm, wonder if my bow gear camo head net would keep those blood thirsty mosquitos at bay. Had to close my eyes and spray my eyelids to keep them out from under my glasses :think: Nice spot I found, mountain view, sun on my shoulders, breeze at my back. Hmm did I say not before Labor Day?!!

Troutski
Troutski
Day tripping...

Day tripping...

yellowjacket said:
Definitely a special place. Water color is amazing. You day tripping or going camping? Yeah, tease me with a picture of a beauty of a brookie!! I'll get mine too, but most likely not till early fall. Hmmm, wonder if my bow gear camo head net would keep those blood thirsty mosquitos at bay. Had to close my eyes and spray my eyelids to keep them out from under my glasses :think: Nice spot I found, mountain view, sun on my shoulders, breeze at my back. Hmm did I say not before Labor Day?!!

Luckily I am with in driving distance.....or should I say unlucky for the Brookies.

Chuck

Y
yellowjacket
Long Day

Long Day

It's a 180 mi. round trip for me over here in pasture land by Mahlon Sweet. Day trip but a long day.

Troutski
Troutski
Ouch...

Ouch...

Maybe we should car/boat pool, we could share the load and have a lunch on the boat away from the Skeeters;)

Chuck

Y
yellowjacket
I see a plan coming together. Clean air, pure water, fat brookies an offer I can't refuse.

J
joemomma
yellowjacket said:
I see a plan coming together. Clean air, pure water, fat brookies an offer I can't refuse.

This is one offer you want to make happen!:dance: Fishing with chuck on waldo was one of my best trips EVER!