"Wake the dead shrimp"

G

Growbug

I was going through my garage and found a little insulated container. Opened it and nearly collapsed.
SHRIMPSES... from Steelheading Jan '10

My brain actually thinks these may still be useful. They arent mush, and look quite firm (i am NOT poking them until i have to)

So.. anyone have any experience? will these "wake the dead" shrimp be good high water bait? Say, tipping a tail on a maribou jig?

L

LilCorky

Did they stink? One year in that container they must be mummyfied. Most likley no good but who knows. Might be the next hot bait.

Y

youngbuck307

Think they stunk is why he almost collapsed? Well if so I would feel better using them
for sturgeon then steel

G

Growbug

Yes they stink.... i have been told that offering it to my 3 year old daughter as a snack is a serious offense against wifery ( I tried )

No.. they are not mummified.

The container has been sealed for the last year and they actually look like they are fresh(?) as Bi-Marts best.

I could take a pic.. but i believe opening them anywhere near the house would lead to divorce.

Gunga

Gunga

maybe good for catfish instead lol. dont want the cops called now.

S

slimyguts

Roll them up in some spawn sac, use stretchy thread and tie them to a sturgeon hook and let her fly into the water.

S

slimyguts

I usually use just a bunch of night crawlers. Add a few worms to them or just a small ammount of old slamon eggs. Worth a try, what else ya gonna do?

R

rainman

Years ago I asked this old man what the best bait was, and he said "The freshest".

J

JeannaJigs

Not something I wanted to think about while on lunch.

Although years ago, I used some eggs that had been rolling around in my truck for the entire summer from like june to august, and I used them in September and landed a nice big chrome chinook. Haha so, freshest is usually best, but, there's always exceptions.

Q

qwapaw

Take a ladies nylon and wrap them up and put them un the bottom of your crab ring. Hide them under some shade or something. I think they will attract crabs for sure. Tight Lines, Qwa